SONY: all PS4 games released after July 13 must have PS5 versions/ be playable on PS5

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What the fuck is going on with Yakuza 7. You’d think the game was now Series X exclusive considering that Sega hasn’t said anything about the other versions. For me that should be the PS4’s swan song.

I'm telling you guys that something major happened with Microsoft and Sega. 

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What the fuck is going on with Yakuza 7. You’d think the game was now Series X exclusive considering that Sega hasn’t said anything about the other versions. For me that should be the PS4’s swan song.

It does seem strange that SEGA hasn't said anything about PS5 regarding Yakuza 7.  Like not even the logo or anything.  That seems really weird to me... but I dunno.  MS does seem to have a deal in place with Yakuza and gamepass, so maybe there's something with the next gen version of Yakuza 7 too?  They're all coming to Xbox extremely fast it would seem.

Maybe MS has made some kind of deal with SEGA and they're going to get some franchises advertised on Xbox from now on or something?

Relating to that upcoming SEGA announcement though... maybe the journalist is just hyping up nonsense, but I'm really struggling to understand what could be revolutionary coming from SEGA.  Even if they released a handheld with MS to compete against Nintendo in Japan, I don't see what's revolutionary about that.

But who knows?  MS maybe got some deal?  I'd love to see MS have the foresight to make a deal with SEGA for a new Jet Set Radio game, and even Space Channel 5 and other stuff like that.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It does seem strange that SEGA hasn't said anything about PS5 regarding Yakuza 7.  Like not even the logo or anything.  That seems really weird to me... but I dunno.  MS does seem to have a deal in place with Yakuza and gamepass, so maybe there's something with the next gen version of Yakuza 7 too?  They're all coming to Xbox extremely fast it would seem.

Maybe MS has made some kind of deal with SEGA and they're going to get some franchises advertised on Xbox from now on or something?

Relating to that upcoming SEGA announcement though... maybe the journalist is just hyping up nonsense, but I'm really struggling to understand what could be revolutionary coming from SEGA.  Even if they released a handheld with MS to compete against Nintendo in Japan, I don't see what's revolutionary about that.

But who knows?  MS maybe got some deal?  I'd love to see MS have the foresight to make a deal with SEGA for a new Jet Set Radio game, and even Space Channel 5 and other stuff like that.

I still think they outright acquired them, been saying it for half a year before anything even lined up, and now things are lining up. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I still think they outright acquired them, been saying it for half a year before anything even lined up, and now things are lining up. 

Yea I dunno.  I think it's very slim.

They'd probably be better off making exclusive deals with SEGA for franchises which are already kinda MS centric (thinking OG Xbox and Dreamcast) like Jet Set and others.  Maybe get Virtua Fighter back and other Sega classics and try to build them up on the MS side, while having Persona and others on the Sony side.

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Would be funny to see Yakushit get yoinked from the Playsation babies at the last moment when they've had it on their systems for so many years :tom:

:D That would piss of so many japanese Yakuza fans....it would actually be funny to see.

Maybe the game was never planned as a next gen game and is only being done on Series X because of work that MS has done?  Maybe that's why it's only being advertised on Series X? (at least at this point anyway)

It's probably more likely that with MS' backwards compatibility, they are able to take the Xbox One game and easily make it 4K 60/120 or whatever with improved effects and faster loading, whereas maybe on the PS5 it's a more involved process which they weren't planning on doing and thus aren't?

It'll still work on your PS5, but wont really see any benefits.

That's my guess.

Edited by Remij_
7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Maybe the game was never planned as a next gen game and is only being done on Series X because of work that MS has done?  Maybe that's why it's only being advertised on Series X? (at least at this point anyway)

It's probably more likely that with MS' backwards compatibility, they are able to take the Xbox One game and easily make it 4K 60/120 or whatever with improved effects and faster loading, whereas maybe on the PS5 it's a more involved process which they weren't planning on doing and thus aren't?

It'll still work on your PS5, but wont really see any benefits.

That's my guess.

The game's original release date was this summer. We're practically in june and they haven't said anything about the PS4 or 5 versions.

Maybe they're saving the release date for that Sony PS5 event, thats the only thing I can think of.

no was Yakuza 7 is xbox exclusive and no way ms is buying Sega. 

At best id say they have a gamepass deal with Sega,  new and old games . Maybe even a uprez from the xbox bc team .

Most likely what is gonna happen is Sony buys sega and that will be a part of the ps5 show on the 4th.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

no was Yakuza 7 is xbox exclusive and no way ms is buying Sega. 

At best id say they have a gamepass deal with Sega,  new and old games . Maybe even a uprez from the xbox bc team .

Most likely what is gonna happen is Sony buys sega and that will be a part of the ps5 show on the 4th.

Yes, Sony buys Sega while they're actively ramping up and brokering relationships with Microsoft.

:mindblown:

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

people are expecting Sega to announce they are now with MS on sonys day to take a shot lol .

oh wow what a comeback :kaz: 

24 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Would be funny to see Yakushit get yoinked from the Playsation babies at the last moment when they've had it on their systems for so many years :tom:

Lmao, thats not happening.

Just now, bhytre said:

He's already panicking :tom: 

Now I really want it to happen :tom5:

Lol please, even when MS buy third parties they still keep making games multiplatform. :sabu:

Lemshits are so desperate they think they are getting exclusive Yakuza games. ROFLMAO :mjgrin: