Total War: Troy will release exclusively (for 1 year) on Epic Game Store August 13th

• Remij changed the title to Total War: Troy will release exclusively (for 1 year) on Epic Game Store August 13th
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Big Dick Sweeney :bow: 

It's a huge get, not only the 1 year exclusivity, but free for 24 hours at release? They must've backed up the Brink's truck to Creative Assembly's headquarters for that one. 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

The tweet only says free to keep, it doesent say forever. Did epic mention forever or just free for that DAY?

Free on the 13th (until 12:00 PM PST, Aug. 14th), to keep; for sale afterwards. 

Then in August of 2021, releases on Steam :killzone: 

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Free on the 13th (until 12:00 PM PST, Aug. 14th), to keep; for sale afterwards. 

Then in August of 2021, releases on Steam :killzone: 

I know :ben: I was just referencing whoever it was that got into an long several page argument that they didn’t know if gtav was free for a week or forever. :ben: 

So I assumed this would be the equivalent of a small spin off, but its actually a full fledged Total War release

Having all the depth, features, and mechanics of a major era Total War game, Total War Saga titles offer a comparable number of factions, heroes, and settlements to their core counterparts as well as hundreds of hours of gameplay potential.

I always respected this series and what it did but It didn't seem like something that I could get into (im very picky with strategy games). But I will definitely check this one out.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-06-02 at 11:20 PM, Twinblade said:

So I assumed this would be the equivalent of a small spin off, but its actually a full fledged Total War release

The Saga Series  for Total War are designed to be a much more focused period, with more fleshed out factions, as compared to the more sandbox designs of their Grand titles like Empire (compared to say Napoleon), like Shogun 2, Thrones of Britannia, and now Troy.

The thing is this allows them to focus in on 6-8 factions and develop a game around them, as opposed to this massive title that span multiple centuries like Med 2, Rome 2, Empire; but also needs like 2+ years to develop.

Also, new Trailer. :denzel3:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

nice game to test the new CPU that I'll buy at some point later this year.

To certain degree yes; but by far the best quality of live improvement you'll see with these games is an SSD.

The scale means you don't need 60 FPS (your not zoomed in long enough) to enjoy it, but at the same time the sheer scale of the game means you come to appreciate what's unfolding. However, any modern (2015+) CPU is more than adequate, and your GPU will determine the level of graphics to maintain a stable 30+ FPS.

But, what you will be doing is loading; a lot of it. Into the game, into your campaign, into battles, out of battles, end turn time (the wait period between your next turn, when the AI moves), so that's the most important thing with these games now.