• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubting NVIDIA  buying AMD 

ConsolesHBR  

DLSS is probably more impressive to me than ray tracing, mainly how it makes lower powered GPUs have significantly better IQ. 

Just now, Ike said:

Price guess on ampere? $1200?

Also, the supply is gonna suck even more than NVIDIA normally does thanks to current world events.

Something like that.  It's hard to say.  I'd really like to think that AMD having competitive high end GPUs ready to launch close to the same time as well as cheaper consoles which are also powerful would reign them in a bit... but Nvidia be posting a 21 day countdown going through the history of PC make me think they have some confidence.

I'll say around $999-$1200 for the 3090

3080 will be like $799 

Once they figure out how to pack these into a laptop I'll cop one in the spring. :face: 

I went with the 1660Ti this summer, as it has comparable performance to the 2060 (minus the RTX [lmao RTX flopped]) but uses considerably less power.

Less power draw meant two things: 

1 - Smaller power brick (needs a 180W powerbrick for the 2060) 

2- Less heat inside the laptop chassis - I've not had my GPU go above 79C.

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Once they figure out how to pack these into a laptop I'll cop one in the spring. :face: 

I went with the 1660Ti this summer, as it has comparable performance to the 2060 (minus the RTX [lmao RTX flopped]) but uses considerably less power.

Less power draw meant two things: 

1 - Smaller power brick (needs a 180W powerbrick for the 2060) 

2- Less heat inside the laptop chassis - I've not had my GPU go above 79C.

Everyone wants RTX and DLSS :blessed: 

Rem was Right :reg: 

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

DLSS is probably more impressive to me than ray tracing, mainly how it makes lower powered GPUs have significantly better IQ. 

Trust me... it wont be.  RT is the real deal.  DLSS is the key that makes RT even more viable now... which is why Nvidia's soo intent on having DLSS and those tensor cores.

Just now, HALOmij said:

Trust me... it wont be.  RT is the real deal.  DLSS is the key that makes RT even more viable now... which is why Nvidia's soo intent on having DLSS and those tensor cores.

no doubt, but you can't have the leaps in RT without DLSS. therefore, DLSS is more impressive to me.