Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

White silence is violence

11 minutes ago, Substatic said:

What is this joke referring to?

Antifa being jobless Starbucks baristas with nothing better to do than try to bring in a Maoist Revolution 

3 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Dude. This kind of shit is nothing but damaging to the left, which I am apart of. 

Stop pretending it doesn't matter. 

Funny how you only seem to have issues with "leftists" and never waste your time with either performative nonsense or actually important actions from the right.

Some how in this shit show of a year and all of your internet scouring you've yet to find anything to be all "well dis silly and unnecessary or mek dem look bad" crap post about conservatives or the right. 

Right wingers have tried to take over like 3 state buildings this year. Zero outrage from you. Yet you've taken time out of your day to whine about who is playing catwoman on a CW TV show. 

Your sources seem to be always stealth right wing sources, and you're always posting hyperbolic alt right propaganda. If you are indeed on the left, you're doing something wrong. 

Edited by Liquid
4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Funny how you only seem to have issues with "leftists" and never waste your time with either performative nonsense or actually important actions from the right.

Some how in this shit show of a year and all of your internet scouring you've yet to find anything to be all "well dis silly and unnecessary or mek dem look bad" 

Your sources seem to be always stealth right wing sources, and you're always posting hyperbolic alt right propaganda. If you are indeed on the left, you're doing something wrong. 

You always try to make it about me and what you think I am rather than the subject at hand. I know what I am, you obviously do not. This bullshit performative nonsense on the left is only going to hurt us. It's going to make more people not vote or vote for Trump again out of protest.  Why can't you see this? You're so narrowly focused on me and "sources of alt right material" and whatever bullshit, that you're blind to the problem at hand. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

I watched the video and this honestly some straight up nazi Germany type shit if we’ll be honest. They’re pretty much belittling and threatening people who don’t confer to their mob mentality. If they had the ability to send anyone who didn’t agree to some special camp for their twisted version of ‘re-education’, you know damn well they would welcome the opportunity. 

scary stuff.

7 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

You always try to make it about me and what you think I am rather than the subject at hand. I know what I am, you obviously do not. This bullshit performative nonsense on the left is only going to hurt us. It's going to make more people not vote or vote for Trump again out of protest.  Why can't you see this? You're so narrowly focused on me and "sources of alt right material" and whatever bullshit, that you're blind to the problem at hand. 

I know you think you're deep or complex but you're actually pretty transparent as I haven't been the only one to notice your pattern and call you out on it. To be frank, it's actually you projecting your feelings on to what you feel the side you oppose think. You're "on the left" and the shit you post about: white male disenchantment, effeminate gay men, cancel culture, "globalization", gender identity, fat people on TV, "woke" culture, or pointless strawman nonsense like "Why isn't BLM protesting the NBAcom store?" or who is playing Batwoman. 

As for "being blind", I'll comply with the rules of the forum and not state what you are, or your intellectual capacities. I'll simply state that you seem to fixate on silly, inconsequential bullshit. Almost everything you post about either critically or constructively (almost never tbh) is silly surface level, subtabloid level nonsense."The problem at hand" You still seem to not understand why China gets away with their bullshit and that's something any 12 year old could figure out. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I watched the video and this honestly some straight up nazi Germany type shit if we’ll be honest. They’re pretty much belittling and threatening people who don’t confer to their mob mentality. If they had the ability to send anyone who didn’t agree to some special camp for their twisted version of ‘re-education’, you know damn well they would welcome the opportunity. 

scary stuff.

You're constantly scared it seems. 

11 minutes ago, Liquid said:

As for "being blind", I'll comply with the rules of the forum and not state what you are, or your intellectual capacities. I'll simply state that you seem to fixate on silly, inconsequential bullshit. Almost everything you post about either critically or constructively (almost never tbh) is silly surface level, subtabloid level nonsense."The problem at hand" You still seem to not understand why China gets away with their bullshit and that's something any 12 year old could figure out. 

That fact you think mobs roaming the streets forcing people to comply with their ideology is silly inconsequential bullshit is kind of scary. This is ok to you? 

5 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

That fact you think mobs roaming the streets forcing people to comply with their ideology is silly inconsequential bullshit is kind of scary. This is ok to you? 

Yeah it is okay.  Because that's just freedom of expression.

Those are words.

Right-wingers are using bullets.

You cannot say "these words are dangerous to our country" with a straight face. You must not understand basic American freedoms.

The only people that go around saying that words are a "threat"........are people who are engaging in fascism.

3 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

A few days ago 3 transwomen were attacked, beaten, and robbed while the men doing all of the attacking and robbing were filming it and uploaded the videos to social media. One of the women had a 2x4 cracked over her head and passed out on the street and I literally mean the street, where cars are driving. The women who were able to grab the video footage took it to the police and ada after days of people compiling footage and desperately looking for any and all info on the attackers and accounts of people who filmed and uploaded it.  Turns out despite 15 mintes of footage of the attack and robbery the ada decided to not press charges on anyone. 

There are over 20 states in the US where a defendant can plea "temporary insanity" for killing a trans person if they feel they were triggered or tricked by them. 

So there's things like that to think about and put energy into, and there's this fucking situation of stupid college kids harassing people eating dinner.  I dont condone it, but I sure as shit not losing sleep over it. 

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah it is okay.  Because that's just freedom of expression.

Those are words.

Right-wingers are using bullets.

You cannot say "these words are dangerous to our country" with a straight face. You must not understand basic American freedoms.

The only people that go around saying that words are a "threat"........are people who are engaging in fascism.

Forcing their freedom on other people's freedom?

28 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Forcing their freedom on other people's freedom?

i got plenty of video of people protesting right in front of other people's faces.

Been happening for decades.

Because..............its LEGAL under our first amendment.

There's pro choice people showing photos of chopped fetuses to middle school children.

I should know, because that's exactly what happened in front of my middle school back in the mid-90's.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i got plenty of video of people protesting right in front of other people's faces.

There's pro choice people showing photos of chopped fetuses to middle school children.

I should know, because that's exactly what happened in front of my middle school back in the mid-90's.

Looks like abuse 

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

ooof, I almost forgot those days. They used to do in Times Square and Herald Square here up to the early 2000's. They would blow up giant boards of aborted fetuses and people would walk off the subway or out of stores and have no choice but to see it. I remember arguing with an old man about it when I was in highschool.