Wasteland 3 |OT| 85 on Metacritic

9 hours ago, Ramza said:

Already pre-ordered and paid in full.

you playing mutant year zero? you like it? the game is awesome but a failure overall cause they did nothing with the characters and there is no story :(   

Making this the official thread if you guys want to discuss it here

Ill be starting it later tonight, but i know from 2 that you can really fuck yourself if you pick the wrong skills and what not at the beginning. So if you guys have any tips on that let me know.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Making this the official thread if you guys want to discuss it here

Ill be starting it later tonight, but i know from 2 that you can really fuck yourself if you pick the wrong skills and what not at the beginning. So if you guys have any tips on that let me know.

just get ammo and medkits duh

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Played through the first hour and I already feel like I made so many bad decisions when it comes to the character selection and story :mjcry:

tbh i doubt you can fuck up so bad. even in wasteland 2 if you completely fuck everything you still have a chance. the only thing breaking the game is lack of ammo and medkits 

Edited by kazi of Skalitz
7 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

tbh i doubt you can fuck up so bad. even in wasteland 2 if you completely fuck everything you still have a chance. the only thing breaking the game is lack of ammo and medkits 

In 3 they at least give you some character templates you can pick, but they’re kind of misleading. I chose the mentor/Pupil one because I thought that would be their backstory but I don’t think it has any story implications whatsoever, it’s just how the devs decided to reference their starting skills. 

but neither of them had the first aid skill, and there were at least 3 dialogue options in the intro that used that skill so I feel like I missed out on some crucial choices.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

In 3 they at least give you some character templates you can pick, but they’re kind of misleading. I chose the mentor/Pupil one because I thought that would be their backstory but I don’t think it has any story implications whatsoever, it’s just how the devs decided to reference their starting skills. 

but neither of them had the first aid skill, and there were at least 3 dialogue options in the intro that used that skill so I feel like I missed out on some crucial choices.

yea like I said. :ben: 

21 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Another indie WRPG that needs 6 months of patching comes with the genre.

Is it bad or something?

Speaking of patches though, I went back and checked out Disco Elysium since there's been some patches since I played it... and god damn is it a lot better now.  Loads faster, runs better, tons of quality of life improvements.

What I'm trying to say more than anything is that the devs have been doing a good job continually improving the game in how it both plays and runs/looks.  You might be on to something waiting a few months for patches.. but not all devs continue supporting their products the same after launch.

Overall though, I think the indie guys do a good job.  A lot has undoubtedly come from the console versions in development as well.  It will be a really polished and improved experience by the time you guys get it.