How do you guys feel about 70 dollar video games ?

Just now, Remij said:

:cosby2: 

Uh... No.  Jesus christ.. you don't even know what MSRP means... which is hilarious considering you're trying to buy a GPU right now.. :tom: 

Sorry, that's not cutting it...........you're not moving the topic to the tangent of discussing what MSRP means.

Either respond back to what I just posted, or start learning the fine art of knowing when to shut your mouth.

Please be stupid enough to continue arguing your ridiculous scenario, I'm gonna have fun with this.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if this will be the universal standards now. Also wonder if AA and indie devs think they can get a way with a 10 dollar increase too .

For the highest end AAA games, yea, it's fine, and warranted IMO.  But if mid range developers think it's going to allow them to boost their games up by $10 that regurgitate the same shit year in and

Jerry and Gokuflop derailing the thread. MODS please take out the trash.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, that's not cutting it...........you're not moving the topic to the tangent of discussing what MSRP means.

Either respond back to what I just posted, or start learning the fine art of knowing when to shut your mouth.

Please be stupid enough to continue arguing your ridiculous scenario, I'm gonna have fun with this.

Sorry but MSRP means what it means... I don't have to argue anything with you.  You already lost this debate.

And you're even madder now. :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Sorry but MSRP means what it means... I don't have to argue anything with you.  You already lost this debate.

And you're even madder now. :tom: 

He's now run away from his original argument.

Thank you for knowing when to keep your mouth shut, this time.

If the publisher says that a game is $10 more........then the MSRP has changed.

He got caught making that contradiction, and now he doesn't want to address it. That's what I thought.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

He's now run away from his original argument.

Thank you for knowing when to keep your mouth shut, this time.

If the publisher says that a game is $10 more........then the MSRP has changed.

He got caught making that contradiction, and now he doesn't want to address it. That's what I thought.

No... if a publisher says a game is $10 more... then they are charging over the MSRP...  If Sony's MSRP for games is $60.. and some 3rd party ships a $70 game... it's not MSRP...

Just now, Remij said:

No... if a publisher says a game is $10 more... then they are charging over the MSRP...  If Sony's MSRP for games is $60.. and some 3rd party ships a $70 game... it's not MSRP...

Nope, publisher needs to get permission from the console maker to even price it as such, or else their game doesn't get licensed to sell on that console.

And like gouko says............you don't have any evidence of that happening.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, publisher needs to get permission from the console maker to even price it as such, or else their game doesn't get licensed to sell on that console.

And like gouko says............you don't have any evidence of that happening.

They can charge what they want.  PERIOD.

Just now, Remij said:

They can charge what they want.  PERIOD.

Except its never happened before. Which means that your theory isn't correct.

Dude, are you screaming your final word? LOL

You're basically screaming at me to just accept what you are saying.

Nope.

You don't have anything. Which means you have nothing. Get over it and stop being angry. You're attempt at concern trolling didn't work, just like I said it didn't work.

One can only hope that you attempt this again in the future against me, with you saying to yourself "oh, this time there will be a different outcome". Because that will be hilarious, yet again.

Just now, jehurey said:

Except its never happened before. Which means that your theory isn't correct.

Dude, are you screaming your final word? LOL

You're basically screaming at me to just accept what you are saying.

Nope.

You don't have anything. Which means you have nothing. Get over it and stop being angry. You're attempt at concern trolling didn't work, just like I said it didn't work.

One can only hope that you attempt this again in the future against me, with you saying to yourself "oh, this time there will be a different outcome". Because that will be hilarious, yet again.

See.. you already went back on your argument.

Glad to see you know that I'm right... and since you've probably looked it up, now have a better understanding of what MSRP means.. and who decides game prices.

Glad I could inform you.

And yes... I'm sure you'll be waiting for the next time you can start a losing argument with me... just to argue... all night long... like it hasn't happened a million times before. :shrug: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

See.. you already went back on your argument.

Glad to see you know that I'm right... and since you've probably looked it up, now have a better understanding of what MSRP means.. and who decides game prices.

Glad I could inform you.

And yes... I'm sure you'll be waiting for the next time you can start a losing argument with me... just to argue... all night long... like it hasn't happened a million times before. :shrug: 

No, I didn't go back on my argument.

Point out where I did.

I'll wait.

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where are the examples of the MSRP increasing midway through a system's life cycle? 

You still don't have it huh? :tom5:

But he screamed "PERIOD".

I mean, that's a pretty substantial argument there, wouldn't ya say?

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where are the examples of the MSRP increasing midway through a system's life cycle? 

You still don't have it huh? :tom5:

MSRP is irrelevant.  I already told you.. publishers can do what they want.  $60 is a suggested price.  If 3rd parties want to make bigger games on Switch, they could do so and charge more.  MSRP is a suggested acceptable price... but pubs can charge whatever they feel people will pay.  Up until now... that was $60 for standard games... but with this coming gen, that's changing.  If making bigger and better Switch games requires more costly carts.. or for whatever reason... publishers can charge that.. if they feel people will pay for it.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

MSRP is irrelevant.  I already told you.. publishers can do what they want.  $60 is a suggested price.  If 3rd parties want to make bigger games on Switch, they could do so and charge more.  MSRP is a suggested acceptable price... but pubs can charge whatever they feel people will pay.  Up until now... that was $60 for standard games... but with this coming gen, that's changing.  If making bigger and better Switch games requires more costly carts.. or for whatever reason... publishers can charge that.. if they feel people will pay for it.

If its irrelevant, then you can find instances of stores (authorized retailers) clearly selling games that break MSRP.

So where are they?

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

If its irrelevant, then you can find instances of stores clearly selling games that break MSRP.

So where are they?

We're LITERALLY seeing it right now.  Publishers are deciding on their own, to raise their next gen game prices to $70.. whether MS or Sony follows suit or not... lmao

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

So you still have no examples of it.... gotcha. 

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nintendo MAY NOT raise their price... because their games don't really drop in price the same way the others do.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's still a possibility that 3rd parties could do it if they wanted to :shrug: 

So it should be really easy to find examples of the MSRP increasing during the middle of a system's life cycle. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

So you still have no examples of it.... gotcha. 

I just gave you an example of it happening right before your eyes...

Games are games... if $70 becomes accepted on some platforms, publishers will charge that everywhere they release their games.  It's a new standard.

3rd parties can do it if they want.. which was my entire point.  I said it was possible.. and uncertain what they would do with regards to Switch.  The only thing I said definitively is that they have the choice.

So... I guess we're done here.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

So it should be really easy to find examples of the MSRP increasing during the middle of a system's life cycle. 

Before Sony and MS released their "pro" consoles... was it easy to find examples of mid-gen refreshes before :drake: 

Now look... Nintendo's doing it too :danylol: 

Just now, Remij said:

I just gave you an example of it happening right before your eyes...

Games are games... if $70 becomes accepted on some platforms, publishers will charge that everywhere they release their games.  It's a new standard.

3rd parties can do it if they want.. which was my entire point.  I said it was possible.. and uncertain what they would do with regards to Switch.  The only thing I said definitively is that they have the choice.

So... I guess we're done here.

No Remij.  This is a new generation. If game prices are to increase it increases for a new gen, I've already said that from Jump. 

You still have yet to provide one single example of the MSRP increasing for a system midway through its life cycle. 

Should be easy.... cough up the examples