Ps5 Retail Demo Units Overheating LMFAO

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

remij waiting for that 20gb 3080 Super :smoke: 

91ApW1z.gif

Yep.  It's becoming quite clear this was just a complete paper launch from Nvidia.  The real card will be that 3080 Super 20GB.  They aren't producing mass amounts of these things.  They probably wanted to react to what AMD has coming with a Super line up with more VRAM and then produce those cards in high numbers and charge a bit more for them.

All the people who got the non super cards are going to be pissed.. because they're going to release within 3 months of AMDs launch.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

this 1660ti i got is probably still going to be decent for a bit, but its poor ray tracing capabilities kinda bums me out.

Same. I bought it with the expectation that it would be a better buy than a 2070 Super while waiting for Ampere. I don't put a whole lot of stock in an AMD partner announcing at an AMD sponsored event that 10GB of VRAM isn't enough for 4k ultra textures (not that I game on 4k anyway), but it put that little seed of doubt in my head that I should just wait for a Ti equivalent of the 3080.