Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

no Sanders or Warren in Biden cabinet

9 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

CNN: Biden appears to pour cold water on Warren and Sanders joining Cabinet.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25/politics/warren-sanders-biden-cabinet/index.html

Progressive as fuck. 

"he would instead like to keep them in the US Senate to help him carry out a progressive agenda" 

Reading beyond a headline must be hard for you. 

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"he would instead like to keep them in the US Senate to help him carry out a progressive agenda" 

Are there any progressives named to his cabinet?   :wonder:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You gonna spend 4 years sucking his dick on every decision made?

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

You gonna spend 4 years sucking his dick on every decision made?

Can you project any harder? 🤣   You're projecting your saltiness quite quickly, I thought you would have kept up the act a little longer.... I guess not... lol. 

Biden, Saunders and Warren are all allies. This is a non story. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Last 4 years, every decision was wrong. Next 4 years, every decision will be right. 

Welcome to american politics. 

That's definitely not going to happen.  Biden will be held to a much higher standard than Trump even from his own party.   I expect all the "purity" tests to be excessive. 

7 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Are there any progressives named to his cabinet?   :wonder:

Yes, she even got endorsed by Warren herself. 

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren praised Yellen in a tweet responding to news of the coming nomination.

"Janet Yellen would be an outstanding choice for Treasury Secretary. She is smart, tough, and principled," Warren said. "As one of the most successful Fed Chairs ever, she has stood up to Wall Street banks, including holding Wells Fargo accountable for cheating working families."

Progressive groups like Democracy for America and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, a group closely allied with Warren, have praised Yellen as a groundbreaking pick and expressed confidence that she will drive a hard bargain with the big banks.

"Among those not named Elizabeth Warren, Janet Yellen is high up on the list of people favored by progressives and people across the Democratic Party,"

11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

That's definitely not going to happen.  Biden will be held to a much higher standard than Trump even from his own party.   I expect all the "purity" tests to be excessive. 

While most certainly true, this really grinds my gears that this is the way it is involving Democrat vs Republican. If Biden does even a tiny fraction of the awful shit Trump did he’ll be crucified not just by republicans but by his own party, that’s the way it should be across the board but republicans are a party of cultists.

Were talking about a tan suit vs 250000 dead

Putting mustard on a sandwich vs ignoring Russian ordered terrorist hits on American troops

Fuck the 73 mil who voted for this shit stain

1 hour ago, Delita said:

While most certainly true, this really grinds my gears that this is the way it is involving Democrat vs Republican. If Biden does even a tiny fraction of the awful shit Trump did he’ll be crucified not just by republicans but by his own party, that’s the way it should be across the board but republicans are a party of cultists.

Were talking about a tan suit vs 250000 dead

Putting mustard on a sandwich vs ignoring Russian ordered terrorist hits on American troops

Fuck the 73 mil who voted for this shit stain

Most definitely.  That's why it's hilarious that people in this thread are trying to imply that Biden will somehow get a pass on everything he does lol

On 2020-11-26 at 3:56 PM, Goukosan said:

Yes, she even got endorsed by Warren herself. 

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren praised Yellen in a tweet responding to news of the coming nomination.

"Janet Yellen would be an outstanding choice for Treasury Secretary. She is smart, tough, and principled," Warren said. "As one of the most successful Fed Chairs ever, she has stood up to Wall Street banks, including holding Wells Fargo accountable for cheating working families."

Progressive groups like Democracy for America and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, a group closely allied with Warren, have praised Yellen as a groundbreaking pick and expressed confidence that she will drive a hard bargain with the big banks.

"Among those not named Elizabeth Warren, Janet Yellen is high up on the list of people favored by progressives and people across the Democratic Party,"

PCCC are grifters, not progressives

20201127_181931.thumb.jpg.534a2f6c0708802c5213dec41db6f89f.jpg

7 hours ago, Voidler said:

PCCC are grifters, not progressives

20201127_181931.thumb.jpg.534a2f6c0708802c5213dec41db6f89f.jpg

So I guess Elizabeth Warren is a grifter too and not a true progressive since she gave her endorsement of Yellen.... lol

The purity tests have already begun, just like I said it would 😂🤣

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

So I guess Elizabeth Warren is a grifter too and not a true progressive since she gave her endorsement of Yellen.... lol

The purity tests have already begun, just like I said it would 😂🤣

The former Reaganite republican who became a Democrat at age 47? The person who spent her life lying about her ethnicity and is constantly called out for lies about her life (by her own family no less) - eg that her dad was a janitor

The one who refused to endorse the only other progressive in the race, twice. And in fact stayed in well past due with no chance of winning, splitting the progressive vote 

Yeah, highly grifty.  Riding off having one of the few correct responses to Wall Street in the Great Recession

I suggest watching Michael Moore 's podcast on her

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

The former Reaganite republican who became a Democrat at age 47? The person who spent her life lying about her ethnicity and is constantly called out for lies about her life (by her own family no less) - eg that her dad was a janitor

The one who refused to endorse the only other progressive in the race, twice. And in fact stayed in well past due with no chance of winning, splitting the progressive vote 

Yeah, highly grifty.  Riding off having one of the few correct responses to Wall Street in the Great Recession

I suggest watching Michael Moore 's podcast on her

Voidler doesn't realize he is proving my purity test point with this long ass purity test post 🤣

Elizabeth Warren doesn't pass the purity test so her progressive agenda doesn't count. 

@Cooke (not admin cant help  cross her off the thread title as a progressive.... she didn't pass the test... not pure enough bro. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Voidler doesn't realize he is proving my purity test point with this long ass purity test post 🤣

Elizabeth Warren doesn't pass the purity test so her progressive agenda doesn't count. 

@Cooke (not admin cant help  cross her off the thread title as a progressive.... she didn't pass the test... not pure enough bro. 

You've been running purity tests for the last 4 years about the office of President non stop so don't start throwing stones in a glass house 

And yeah, I have issue with people and organisations calling themselves progressive but not standing for the progressive agenda.

It is important because Democrats, largely, have made it clear they don't stand for progressive policy that the country overwhelmingly supports- and specifically a Biden administration will be centrist incrementalism

It is important because Democrats LOVE to blame Progressives. So let's be perfectly clear, who is what 

29 minutes ago, Voidler said:

You've been running purity tests for the last 4 years about the office of President non stop so don't start throwing stones in a glass house 

And yeah, I have issue with people and organisations calling themselves progressive but not standing for the progressive agenda.

It is important because Democrats, largely, have made it clear they don't stand for progressive policy that the country overwhelmingly supports- and specifically a Biden administration will be centrist incrementalism

It is important because Democrats LOVE to blame Progressives. So let's be perfectly clear, who is what 

Trump was not held to any standards what so ever be it from his base or his party.    Once again... if a dem President isn't 110% pure it's the same as a republican president being 110% corrupt in your eyes.   

I look forward to the Tan suit, fancy mustard, Salute with a coffee cups type scandals that Biden will be subject too. 

GTFO with that purity test nonsense. 

Edited by Goukosan
36 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Trump was not held to any standards what so ever be it from his base or his party.    Once again... if a dem President isn't 110% pure it's the same as a republican president being 110% corrupt in your eyes.   

I look forward to the Tan suit, fancy mustard, Salute with a coffee cups type scandals that Biden will be subject too. 

GTFO with that purity test nonsense. 

Lol @ you trying to equate tan suits with the policy agenda that progressives care about. The usual disingenuous false equivelancies of a neoliberal sycophant

Biden could wear sweat pants every day for all I care if it meant Medicare 4 all, aggressive action on climate change, taxing the 1%, reducing college debt, getting out of the wars, COVID relief, rent relief, action on police brutality 

But as long as "nothing will fundamentally change" then progressives will be there to ask why

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

Lol @ you trying to equate tan suits with the policy agenda that progressives care about. The usual disingenuous false equivelancies of a neoliberal sycophant

Biden could wear sweat pants every day for all I care if it meant Medicare 4 all, aggressive action on climate change, taxing the 1%, reducing college debt, getting out of the wars, COVID relief, rent relief, action on police brutality 

But as long as "nothing will fundamentally change" then progressives will be there to ask why

Lmfao at the first paragraph.  The point totally flew over your head 🤣

As for the second paragraph, yes those are his planned items.  That doesn't mean people like you still won't  put him through asinine purity tests that has nothing to do with anything important.... 

" So what he accomplished all those goals? who cares!! .... bbbbbut every member of his Cabinet wasn't a pure progressive, they switched ideologies late in life.... so their progressive agenda doesn't count, they're grifters :awww:

Simply ridiculous.