Yakuza LAD is 35 bucks on amazon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Xbox Smart Delivery and PS....4. lol Good buy tho DitchCluded AAA

Cows must be fuming that their long time exclusive got a next gen release first on xflop Sheep also get nothing, tshbr

well i won't be buying either until dedicated PS5 versions are out and i think a lot of people are on board with me.

Xflop users barely have any affection or knowledge of Yakuza, and wouldn't buy it even if they did. They're GamePass bottom of the barrel-scrapers, they'd only play this for free.

SEGA made a grave mistake partnering with Xflop and this firesale has been earned from that ineptitude.

Hope Yakuza recovers

50 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Cows must be fuming that their long time exclusive got a next gen release first on xflop :D

Sheep also get nothing, tshbr :D

Pfft, lmao, its a Yakuza game ffs, hardly the kind of game that showcase what your fancy next gen hardware can do. This isnt any different than getting the PC version and getting improved performance compared to last-gen consoles.

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Pfft, lmao, its a Yakuza game ffs, hardly the kind of game that showcase what your fancy next gen hardware can do. This isnt any different than getting the PC version and getting improved performance compared to last-gen consoles.

Cope tears :juggle:

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

I could have bought the PC version and max out the game at 1080p but I didnt.  :patpatpat:

theres a pretty annoying issue in the pc version that I don’t think they’ve fixed yet. The last part of a character’s voice line will sometimes cut out (before they’ve finished speaking) and then move onto the next line. The only workaround afaik is to lock the game to 30fps, which is lame considering that higher framerate is the one advantage of a pc version.

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

theres a pretty annoying issue in the pc version that I don’t think they’ve fixed yet. The last part of a character’s voice line will sometimes cut out (before they’ve finished speaking) and then move onto the next line. The only workaround afaik is to lock the game to 30fps, which is lame considering that higher framerate is the one advantage of a pc version.

Thats terrible. :D  

4 hours ago, JonB said:

What video card do you have ? My 2060 can barely max the game at 1080p

Wtf, its not even that good looking, must be poorly optimized.

1650ti (laptop) :( 

46 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It is actually pretty unoptimized. I maxed it out at 2K on a 1660ti, but there are plenty of parts where the framerate can dip into the 20s. 

The worst area is actually that big park in the top right of the map. Sometimes I would get no more than 15-20 FPS in that area, no joke.

44 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah good luck. It might on medium settings? Idk. That engine is harsh. I didnt try LAD on pc yet but yakuza 2 uses the same engine and with my 2060, that game max settings at 1080p pushes my card into the 90 percent usage range at points.

4 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Yeah good luck. It might on medium settings? Idk. That engine is harsh. I didnt try LAD on pc yet but yakuza 2 uses the same engine and with my 2060, that game max settings at 1080p pushes my card into the 90 percent usage range at points.

IIRC "maxed out" has AA enabled, which in that engine is essentially 4x supersampling.  So if you're running 1080p, with AA maxed, it's like running native 4K.  You could probably leave everything maxed, and just change the AA setting to FXAA or SMAA and performance will be much better.

I might be misremembering though.

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

IIRC "maxed out" has AA enabled, which in that engine is essentially 4x supersampling.  So if you're running 1080p, with AA maxed, it's like running native 4K.

I might be misremembering though.

I dont think thats the case I get a pretty much locked 60fps and i doubt i would get close to that with 4x supersampling.

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I dont think thats the case I get a pretty much locked 60fps and i doubt i would get close to that with 4x supersampling.

I just checked and I was right about it having a supersampled AA mode.

If you have the AA set to "SSAA" it's supersampling, which means it's rendering 4x the pixels..  so 4K effectively.  

I don't know if that AA setting is tied to "maxed" though.  If you're on FXAA or SMAA, then you're running 1080p.

Edited by Remij