“ Dune,’ ‘Matrix 4,’ and Every 2021 Warner Bros. Film to Debut on HBO Max and in Theaters at Same Time. RIP theatres

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christopher Nolan in shambles.

Wonder Woman 1984 will be streamed in 4K

Look at that, someone who can withstand a conflicting opinion.

I notice that the poster for Wonder Woman 1984 also said that it will be airing on HBO Max on December 18th, or around there.

It even said "at no additional purchase".

They should throw up Tenet there immediately, because it would be a great rewatch.

52 minutes ago, Delita said:

Also likely The Batman. About time theatres started dying off.  They did this to themselves with their ridiculous pricing.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/dune-matrix-all-warner-bros-films-hbo-max-1234602168/

It has nothing to do with the Prices at the theater.    The majority of movie theaters across the globe aren't open due the pandemic. 

These movies were either already completed or close to being completed.  Warner wants to recoup their investment into making these movies so they're leveraging their ownership of HBO to reach a wider audience since majority of theaters are closed. 

They hope to recoup the money through its streaming platforms. 

If theaters were open this would have never happened.... or at least not this soon. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

It has nothing to do with the Prices at the theater.    The majority of movie theaters across the globe aren't open due the pandemic. 

These movies were either already completed or close to being completed.  Warner wants to recoup their investment into making these movies so they're leveraging their ownership of HBO to reach a wider audience since majority of theaters are closed. 

They hope to recoup the money through its streaming platforms. 

If theaters were open this would have never happened.... or at least not this soon. 

I know it reads that way, but I really wasn’t insinuating that pricing had anything to do with theatres losing business, rather there exists a large segment of people that have been waiting for theatres demise and for studios to shift to streaming platforms.

This news has been met so far with tons of excitement from consumers who at the same time enjoy seeing theatre chains suffer massively, myself included. That is what I was getting at when I said they brought this on themselves 

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Dune is going to own dude. Villenue is the best sci-fi director in Hollywood at the moment. :aitch:

Blade Runner 2049 and Arrival were fucking terrible. lmao Forgettable flavor of the week trash.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

HBO Max is the best streaming provider in terms of content IMO. I really wish they'd support streaming in 4k though.

Not with fucking download caps.  Fucking internet providers are criminals