Persona 5 Strikers - The Phantom Thieves Strike Back Trailer

Just now, Delita said:

Yeah, Persona games. Isn't this just a hack and slasher?

They're keeping all the social aspects from the older Persona games in tact. It's just the battles that have changed. :]

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

nah bro. it's a persona game with a tweak to the gameplay. it's not a re-skinned dynasty warriors. 

I hope so. It does look like a big part of the gameplay is clearing out large groups of enemies within the dungeons, so that could get old over the course of 40-60 hours if its mostly hack and slash gameplay.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I hope so. It does look like a big part of the gameplay is clearing out large groups of enemies within the dungeons, so that could get old over the course of 40-60 hours.

the dungeons will be just like persona's. however, it will be action, turn-based combat. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the dungeons will be just like persona's. however, it will be action, turn-based combat. 

The mechanics seem to more closely resemble Dynasty Warriors if the previews are anything to go by

'What follows is a wild hack-and-slash adventure back into something resembling Persona 5’s Metaverse thanks to a combination of Persona’s style and Dynasty Warriors mechanics.'

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/persona-5-strikers-preview/

Ill reverse judgment until the full release, but TBH the fact that the gameplay isn't Persona is what kind of drew me to it in the first place. Im pretty sick of P5's turn based combat so maybe this will be a nice change.