SUPER Nintendo Switch

It all depends on what nVidia is offering them in terms of tech.

Does nVidia even bother to manufacturer things on their older Turing architecture? Or are they telling Nintendo "its gonna cost the same amount of money to get a GPU based on Ampere, and there's no savings with using our previous architecture's, its the same cost to manufacture."

Nintendo might as well jump on nVidia's latest tech. You have to remember that nVidia has sorta hooked Nintendo into the development tools when they signed a 10 year contract with them.

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Switch released Pascal was what people speculated it would have, instead it had the 30% weaker maxwell in terms of GPU. It's possible that Nintendo will not even go for the fastest performance without the relative price range that's avaliable at the time.

Regardless it looks like a huge upgrade to the base Switch, much more closer to the S to X upgrade vs PS4 to PS4 Pro when it comes to the performance delta.

8 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

No, it's Nintendo never taking an early leap into tech. They went into online kicking and screaming. I feel like they never gave a shit about 1080p for the longest. Moving to 4k is them catching up to the saturation of users. 4k TVs these days are like $20 more than non 4k ones. 

Doing 4k gaming is not taking a leap into tech.

Nintendo stepping into 4k 120fps, perhaps.

4k gaming is something that PS4 Pro and Xbox One X already did like 3 years ago.

• 4 months later...
On 2021-02-24 at 9:50 AM, Casual said:

lol ya'll need to keep your expectations in check.

they aren't doing some fancy upconvert dock, it won't be a 4k machine.

if you guys wanted a powerful nintendo console maybe you should have contributed to the sales of the gamecube.

:reg:

25 minutes ago, Cooke said:

I bought one of them 99 dollar gamecubes, first Nintendo console since the NES. Loved it

i got mine at launch with rogue leader. holy shit, that game blew my mind with its visuals! 

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i got mine at launch with rogue leader. holy shit, that game blew my mind with its visuals! 

rogue leader was mind blowing.

gc had such a good lineup overall. couple dry periods but had a ton of very high quality games.

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I basically bought it for Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness. I did get rogue leader as well which was awesome. Factor 5 should reform and make a new exclusive one for Switch. 

While the Series S is a gimped version of the X it can still run current gen games at playable framerates and a decent resolution. The Switch is 2 whole gens behind and this is hardly an 'upgrade'. Games might look slightly better in Handheld mode but that just means that the typical person who plays switch games on a TV will see no real differences.