DF: Marvel Avengers (PS5 v Series X)

• Both Series X and PS5 Quality Mode target 4K/30fps. Series X appears to hold at 4K slightly more consistently
  • Series S Quality Mode targets dynamic 1440p/30fps. Usually sticks to 1440p; went as low as 1368p
  • Series S does not use the higher resolution textures and improve anisotropic filtering that Series X / PS5 have in Quality Mode
  • In Performance Mode, PS5 targets 4K Checkboarded, with frequent drops of 1800p Checkboard or lower. Resolution drops/fuzziness are obvious in more intense scenes. Checkerboard resolution also effects HUD so text looks less crips in Performance Mode
  • Performance Mode on PS5 Motion Blur and Depth of Field resolution is lower, making the game often look lower resolution
  • In Performance Mode, Series X does not use a checkboarded resolution
  • Series X does not suffer from any of the image quality deficits to the same degree displayed in the PS5 version in Performance Mode
  • Series X has higher resolution Motion Blur and Depth of Field effects when compared to PS5
  • Series X generally looks a lot clearer in Performance Mode when compared to PS5
  • Series X and PS5 hold similar frame rates in Performance Mode, with the Series X having a higher propensity to drop frames in effects heavy scenes
  • Series S scales from 1080p in Performance Mode, and can drop as low as 720p
  • Series S also holds a pretty very consistent 60fps
  • For loading, a load that took 4 seconds on PS5 took about 6 seconds on Series S|X

probably the most “next gen” game yet. 

Edited by ghostz life matters
53 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nice! while i love AC valhalla, i hate the tearing on the series x version (which isn't a problem on the ps5). this looks fun. maybe i'll give it a shot. 

It’s not really fun but graphically it’s great. Worth about $10 which it’s on sale for. Would benefit greatly from being on gamepass as it’s a gaas 

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

It’s not really fun but graphically it’s great. Worth about $10 which it’s on sale for. Would benefit greatly from being on gamepass as it’s a gaas 

yeah, i would play it just for the visuals. it reminds me on spiderman, minus the ray tracing.