New Ratchet & Clank trailer

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Word! Day 1! 

I gotta wait till I'm at home to see the trailer in full detail... but god damn.. the detail and density in every scene is just mind boggling.  Legit looks like CGI.

I almost can't believe games can look this good.

• aitch 1

So yea, watching this at home on my massive monitor examining it up close, I can even better appreciate just how incredible this looks.

Legit the best looking game we've seen thus far.  It's really crazy how dense and detailed everything is.. and obviously that swapping out and teleporting looks amazing as well, and is killer on a technical level.

If there's ONE nitpick I have against it... it's that the RT implementation is a bit noisy in areas.  I completely understand WHY they chose to leave it like that, however.  There's such high frequency detail that they've put into everything that their denoiser (for the low amount of rays cast) as well as their DSR implementation probably can't deal with it well enough, so if they lean too heavily on their denoiser, it could cause some of that high frequency detail to be lost.

They made the right choice.  It still looks absolutely superb.  A step above everything else IMO.  But even then, this is just the beginning.  I bet their engine still has a ways to go before they've implemented everything they need to to fully take advantage of the I/O and advanced features of the GPU.

I just wish Sony would talk about the technical stuff more.  I'd love to geek out on it and have actual facts and figures of the hardware... but unlike MS which has a vested interest in marketing their technologies, Sony's is all very secretive.

Insomniac is a killer studio.  They have a good workflow and put out a good amount of titles per generation.  Just imagine the end of this generation, what they'll be putting out. :whew: 

• aitch 2
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

good job insomniac games 🙂

Indeed.  I mean, even as a hardcore Hermlord, you can't deny the developers their due.  If a Hermit or a Lemming can't look at that and just say, "God damn that's incredible" and admit that it looks better than anything else out there currently, then why the fuck should they ever be able to talk about gfx ever again?

First true next gen game as I said.

Sony kicked it off as usual.  It's been half a year since the consoles released, but we're finally getting there.

• Like 2

One of the developers of the game just said in the thread at REEEra that the "Rift" loading times will actually be even a little faster than what is shown in the trailer.

So essentially instantly.

That's sick.  

I can't wait for the GDC post mortem of this game :bow: 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Indeed.  I mean, even as a hardcore Hermlord, you can't deny the developers their due.  If a Hermit or a Lemming can't look at that and just say, "God damn that's incredible" and admit that it looks better than anything else out there currently, then why the fuck should they ever be able to talk about gfx ever again?

First true next gen game as I said.

Sony kicked it off as usual.  It's been half a year since the consoles released, but we're finally getting there.

indeed..even ps3 ratchet games look incredible

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

indeed..even ps3 ratchet games look incredible

yup. the ps4 game "based on the movie that's based on a game" looked incredible on the ps4 pro. the gameplay parts actually looked better than the cutscenes. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yup. the ps4 game "based on the movie that's based on a game" looked incredible on the ps4 pro. the gameplay parts actually looked better than the cutscenes. 

nice..never played it..the movie was painful to watch lol

• Haha 1
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

nice..never played it..the movie was painful to watch lol

the game looked amazing, but felt dated compared to crack in time's superior gameplay. 

• Like 1