Valve confirms Steam Deck runs everything on Steam without issue

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

ok so it doesn't run it out of the box.

have their performance been tested with windows 10 running?

I dunno.. but I assume that while developing it they have been testing it with Windows 10... probably gathering a baseline as to how games should be expected to run, and benchmarking and improving SteamOS and Proton against that.

Title is a bit misleading.

Reading the article this is clearly referring to the power of the device. They can run every game they’ve tried without performance issues.

It doesn’t mean at the moment every game is compatible, but it’s worth reiterating that Valve has said they intend for every steam game to be working on this by the time it’s launched and that there are improvements made on proton they haven’t released publicly yet. Pulling a number out of my ass but I would guess that roughly 75%+ of Windows titles are working right now, if they sort anti cheat that’s the last hurdle really. Valve is working with the anti cheat companies directly on this so it should easily be sorted by the time the device launches.

Every game I’ve thrown at it works great so far.

Ignore the troll guys :reg: not like Switch will ever have a chance of running those games lmao

Edited by TLHBO

that’s not much of a feat, just running isn’t much praise if some games are stuck at low-medium settings for playable framerates. Also, every game being released is still cross gen so it’s not like that many boundaries are being pushed. 

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's more powerful than a PlayStation 4, you got to admit that's pretty awesome.

There will never be a steam deck game that looks as good as TLOU2. You can bookmark that.