HoboPass future for devs “ Outriders Dev Doesn't Know How Many Copies It Sold, and Hasn't Earned Any Royalties”

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Because they used GP to knee cap retail sales.  You know the GP model that you swore up and down would increase sales :muttley:

Wow.. Game Pass sure is influential huh? :hest: 

lmao at suggesting that SquareEnix played their cards JUUUUUUUUUUUST right... to purposefully make their game sell less and fail... just to make a small chunk of GP money on the side so they didn't have to pay royalties to their developers by a certain date.....

Yep, that's what happened :roll: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Wow.. Game Pass sure is influential huh? :hest: 

lmao at suggesting that SquareEnix played their cards JUUUUUUUUUUUST right... to purposefully make their game sell less and fail... just to make a small chunk of GP money on the side so they didn't have to pay royalties to their developers by a certain date.....

Yep, that's what happened :roll: 

Negatively influential on sales :mj:

The developer is the one who mentioned the publisher and game pass as factors in the article :umad:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Negatively influential on sales :mj:

The developer is the one who mentioned the publisher and game pass as factors in the article :umad:

Yea, they mention the publisher.. because the publisher is in control of distribution.

IE... the publisher isn't being upfront with them... which is what the article is about... because they have literally no information.. only estimates :umad: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea, they mention the publisher.. because the publisher is in control of distribution.

IE... the publisher isn't being upfront with them... which is what the article is about... because they have literally no information.. only estimates :umad: 

They mentioned GP too and no matter how much you try to spin away from it, it's not going away :umad:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They mentioned GP too and no matter how much you try to spin away from it, it's not going away :umad:

The article author did.. yes.

ANYway... I think we've worn this one out enough. :lock:

29 minutes ago, Remij said:

The article author did.. yes.

ANYway... I think we've worn this one out enough. :lock:

Yes the article says what the developer suggested with GP and last I checked we were discussing the article :cmpunk1:

I agree it's run its cource. 

Edited by Goukosan
25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes the article says what the developer suggested with GP and last I checked we were discussing the article :cmpunk1:

I agree it's run its cource. 

Yeah they also said Square could have spent more money also, point is they have no clue whatsoever. Like I said this game is on 6 platforms, SIX, so to infer in some way that this is the result of GamePass is retard fodder.

Square is clearly doing some sketchy shit with the money or else they would outright tell PCF exactly how much it has sold which would in turn allow them to break down margins, but they're not.