We're getting a taste of Florida starting this weekend

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-ida-northeast-flooding-20210902-7sxi5laptjaafmqney257uvn7q-story.html   "In a region that had been warned about potentially deadly flash

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading informatio

exactly. they done gone goofed. 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its just a regular storm now, with winds between 35-45mph in my area. The media over here has a habit of exaggerating things.

Oh that’s just a typical bad storm lol. we’ll get random storms with 60 mph wind gusts 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its just a regular storm now, with winds between 35-45mph in my area. The media over here has a habit of exaggerating things.

That's not what happened. Was intially supposed to hit landfall in long Island NY as a Category 1 and was a cetegory 1 up until late last night.  It died down a bit a diverted it's course just before it hit land.   It's course diversion led it pass long island and I believe it hit landfall in rode Island. 

With that said even though it weakened and changed cource thousands lost power in rode Island and other areas and tons of places got flooded out. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

That's not what happened. Was intially supposed to hit landfall in long Island NY as a Category 1 and was a cetegory 1 up until late last night.  It died down a bit a diverted it's course just before it hit land.   It's course diversion led it pass long island and I believe it hit landfall in rode Island. 

With that said even though it weakened and changed cource thousands lost power in rode Island and other areas and tons of places got flooded out. 

Yeah, they are unpredictable and the eye tends to change direction a lot. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

The worst is over and it practically had no effect on CT, even though our local news hyped it up and the governor declared a state wide state of emergency on Friday. As of now only 30,000 people lost power and most of them were along the shoreline. The average winter snow storm we get several times a year does far more damage.

40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The worst is over and it practically had no effect on CT, even though our local news hyped it up and the governor declared a state wide state of emergency on Friday. As of now only 30,000 people lost power and most of them were along the shoreline. The average winter snow storm we get several times a year does far more damage.

Again that's not how it works Twinblade.  It's not called hype that's called being prepared for the path that the storm was initially taking plus it was a category 1 hurricane. 

If the it had not weakened last night and changed course.  The devastation in your area would have been much much worse.

Be thankful it did, instead of trying to spin it as hype or some nonsense. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, they are unpredictable and the eye tends to change direction a lot. 

Exactly.  I'm just thankful it weakened and changed course because my area was intially supposed to be the first area hit when it reached landfall. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

its absolutely fucking stupid that you view news, and even meteorology like this.

"they hyped it!"

Yeah, fuck them for them and their computers not being fully predicting the physics of a storm system that's as big in size as most states.

If the storm simply parks there and gets more power from the Atlantic, that's probably the worst case scenario. If it stays half on land, and half over the ocean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-22 at 7:10 PM, jehurey said:

its absolutely fucking stupid that you view news, and even meteorology like this.

"they hyped it!"

Yeah, fuck them for them and their computers not being fully predicting the physics of a storm system that's as big in size as most states.

If the storm simply parks there and gets more power from the Atlantic, that's probably the worst case scenario. If it stays half on land, and half over the ocean.

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading information is a real problem, and many people died because they weren’t expecting a major storm even though it was being tracked for days after hitting Louisiana.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading information is a real problem, and many people died because they weren’t expecting a major storm even though it was being tracked for days after hitting Louisiana.

Again twinblade that's not how the weather forecast works.  How can you be in your 30s and be this clueless about the weather? 

The news reporting that henri was a category 1 is not fake news... At the time it was.  Late that night it downgraded to a tropical storm... The news did report on that as well. 

Not because the storm slowed down means the news was fake... They reported what was true at the time and when the facts changed because the storm changed it was reported. 

As far as Ida, a quick Google search shows that CT was expecting the remnants to be bad.... Seems like you missed all that coverage just like how you missed the updates on henri. 

And then chalking it up to fake news based on your ignorance. 

Experts From different outlets. 

"The state will be under a flash flood warning for 24 hours beginning at 2 p.m. today as the remnants of Hurricane Ida are expected to deluge the area" 

"Manchester Fire-Rescue-EMS Chief Daniel French said there’s a strong chance of flooding in town, given the predicted saturation rate, and that residents living in low-lying areas should be prepared to evacuate if necessary." 

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -- With the remnants of Ida making its way into the state, there’s the potential for very heavy rain and some serious flooding Wednesday night into Thursday.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/connecticut-residents-get-ready-for-rain-from-ida/2573352/

Edited by Goukosan

As someone who works in the TV news industry, and has dealt with hurricanes for decades, I can truly say they are very unpredictable. Let’s take hurricane Andrew, for example. It was supposed to destroy Broward County. However, it took a downward shift, last minute, and ended up destroying most of Kendall (south Dade county) . These are changes you can’t predict. Also, storms can increase in strength or decrease in strength, last minute.