The Official 2021 NFL Thread. Keep all American football discussion here. (pin please)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes! Yess!! Put it in my veins!!

Imagine being in the NFC West and not being 2-0 

This has been the most incredible weekend OF NFL football in my life.

Posted Images

On 2022-01-24 at 11:30 AM, jehurey said:

These overtime rules only suck because the league altered the rules to make it a pass-happy league.

Cornerbacks have to watch absolutely everything or else they're getting pass interference calls, and the defensive line can't get aggressive with the quarterback.

What do you think is gonna happen? They're going to make 8 to 15 yard dumpoff passes and march down the field like its nothing.

Pass interference penalties are going to have to be altered in some way in the future. Probably not move the ball to the spot of the foul, and just give the offense 10 yards. Or maybe that might get abused in certain situations, I don't know.

There may have to be a complete re-write of how much contact can occur in the area of receiving a ball.

Teams literally practice inducing pass interference.  Receivers purposely commit offensive pass interference when they know the ball is uncatchable to induce a defensive pass interference call.  More often than not the defender gets called.  They gambe on the fact that if they do get called for offensive pass interference it is just a 10 yard penalty and a replay of the down.  If it is defensive pass interference it is a spot foul and can flip field position.  

36 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Teams literally practice inducing pass interference.  Receivers purposely commit offensive pass interference when they know the ball is uncatchable to induce a defensive pass interference call.  More often than not the defender gets called.  They gambe on the fact that if they do get called for offensive pass interference it is just a 10 yard penalty and a replay of the down.  If it is defensive pass interference it is a spot foul and can flip field position.  

The NBA had this problem with bitch-asses like James Harden and Chris Paul attempting three-pointers and then intentionally colliding with the defender nearby, in the hopes of trying to get three free throws.

And to their credit, the NBA finally made the right changes, and are now looking for that and calling it an offensive foul.

And now those players are attempting it much less, and its really improved play.

Something has to be done with pass interference in football. Maybe not even leave it to the refs, but have cameras on all receivers and immediately review the route and see that the defender didn't clearly prevent the receiver's arms and hands from going after a ball, and didn't physically pull or pushed the entire body of the receiver. Outside of that, allow  some contact.

On 2021-09-05 at 9:58 AM, Ike said:

49ers are my team as well and they should win at least the NFC because they are the best team in the conference when healthy. I’ll just predict the conference championships:

AFC: Bills vs. Chiefs 

NFC: 49ers vs. Bucs

Was pretty close on this one. :wata:

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Damn, Brady's retiring. I'm not ready for an NFL without him. :(

I am. Seven rings is plenty. Just need Rodgers to retire now too. I’m glad this will overshadow Rapelisberger’s retirement too lol. 

As cool as it would be for him to keep playing, he's simply got too much to lose.

Sure he can probably get to the playoffs every year, for the next 2-3 years. But they will probably be ugly playoff exits, and the haters' voices will only get bigger and bigger with every playoff exit. (see Aaron Rodgers, at this moment).

The only reason why he's still playing is because he's trying to sell his "life brand" stupid shit, practically becoming a close equivalent to the male-Gwyneth Paltrow. The more he looks like a banged-up loser walking off the field, the more damage he's doing towards selling his life-brand.

And then there's the health.  Dude is looking skinny. If he gets Joe Thiesmann'd  (pronounced Th-EES-man), they'll be showing that replay for years, and he'll look like a chump.

He's capable of having a more-than-billion-dollar product-line of clothes and "health" products.

Edited by jehurey
3 hours ago, Ike said:

I am. Seven rings is plenty. Just need Rodgers to retire now too. I’m glad this will overshadow Rapelisberger’s retirement too lol. 

Overshadowing Rapelisberger is the best part. r/steelers are so mad lmao

• aitch 1
  • Ike★ unpinned this topic