'Ubisoft Announces Plans to Develop Play-To-Earn, Blockchain, and NFT Games'

https://www.ibtimes.com/ubisoft-announces-plans-develop-play-earn-blockchain-nft-games-3328384

Oh boy, that headline says it all. I think we can safely write off Ubisoft as a major publisher to be taken seriously. Their sleep inducing open world design template has been bad enough, but this stuff sounds nightmarish in comparison.

what's their release list been like, lately?

they look like they're in a management mess right now. Valhalla and Watch Dogs 3 seem like games that were developed for last-gen, we know for a fact Watch Dogs 3 had been sitting on the shelf for practically a year.

Far Cry 6 is just a retread.

they re-released a modded version of Steep as a cheapass game called Riders Republic, and only pathetic cheapasses like ghost are playing it on Gamepass. LOL

They cancelled the Michael Ancel Beyond Good & Evil game, right?

their games have been terrible for over a decade... they have legit never made a decent game in that timeframe. soulless commodified junk

anyone who spends money on their games needs a swift kick in the arse. they're a conman publisher  who routinely engage in shady business tactics on top of making absolute shit games. 

self owned if you buy their shit games.

Edited by B C

Valhalla had moments of brilliance, but too much bloat. FC5 was a blast, despite feeling like a redneck fc 3. I’m pretty much done with ubisoft games. I had my fun, but I still haven’t even opened my copy of WD3. I’m good. 

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Valhalla had moments of brilliance, but too much bloat. FC5 was a blast, despite feeling like a redneck fc 3. I’m pretty much done with ubisoft games. I had my fun, but I still haven’t even opened my copy of WD3. I’m good. 

For all its good visuals Valhalla has the most fucked up looking children models i've ever seen

vf2pfyl1of161.png

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

For all its good visuals Valhalla has the most fucked up looking children models i've ever seen

vf2pfyl1of161.png

Yeah, its peak visuals were incredible. However, the inconsistencies were lol-worthy. 

they were supposed to have a Pirate Ship game, right?

Skull & Bones?

Where is that?

Where is Splinter Cell, the rumors about the voice actor already having gone into the studio are a couple of years ago.

Does it appear that The Division 2 has sorta just fizzled out?