Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to PC on December 16

9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I'm watching the DF video for Halo and BF, they give PC the win if you have a high end rig (which I do).

Maybe 2 gens ago, but last gen over 90% of multiplats were much better on PC. This gen it's around 90%+ too. You have to cherry pick the handful of titles that aren't better on PC. And even those eventually got fixed. 

PC is now a primary thought going by most titles.

Are you living in a bubble? There are numerous complaints about performance issues in both BF2042 and Halo Infinite all over the web. Video card prices are through the roof but playing those games on consoles is a more consistent and better experience for a lot of people for a fraction of the price. Modern PC gaming is a waste of money.

Dying Light 2's specs are out

image-1639685579866.png

You need a 3080 for 60FPS + ray tracing....at a mere 1080p:kaz: These cards were supposed to standardize 4K gaming but they're missing that mark by a huge amount. I don't see how anyone with a recent PC can see stuff like this and not be completely underwhelmed.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Are you living in a bubble? There are numerous complaints about performance issues in both BF2042 and Halo Infinite all over the web.  

I'm sure there are people who don't know how to run or put together their PC properly. PC took the win on these officially. Also they run better on my PC. 

Thirdly I will be installing FF any minute now, I bet it will not stutter.

40 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I'm sure there are people who don't know how to run or put together their PC properly. PC took the win on these officially. Also they run better on my PC. 

Thirdly I will be installing FF any minute now, I bet it will not stutter.

So the thousands of PC gamers complaining about performance issues simply didn't build their PC correctly. Makes perfect sense....:|

• NPC 1
50 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Nice another best on PC® title.

According to Szałkowski, Dying Light 2 players on the newer consoles can look forward to 4K, as well as Techland's planned Quality and Performance modes. Quality will enable ray tracing functionality, while Performance unlocks 60 FPS capabilities. The developer added, "As we are working hard on performance, I cannot provide more details at this point. We try to cram as much as possible onto the next- gens."

The wording of Szałkowski's response seems to suggest 4K may be available across both Performance and Quality modes. 

The game on consoles will have 4K + Ray Tracing support at a minimum 30 FPS, possibly 60FPS with Ray Tracing disabled. Yet you need to pay $1500-$1800 JUST for a video card to play it with Ray Tracing and 60 FPS......AT A MERE 1080p WHICH IS 1/4TH THE RESOLUTION :kaz: :kaz: :kaz: 

Do I even need to say anything else? The evidence is overwhelming at this point. PC gaming is a shadow of its former self.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Dying Light 2's specs are out

image-1639685579866.png

You need a 3080 for 60FPS + ray tracing....at a mere 1080p:kaz: These cards were supposed to standardize 4K gaming but they're missing that mark by a huge amount. I don't see how anyone with a recent PC can see stuff like this and not be completely underwhelmed.

I was hoping with the GPU prices and shortages developers would hold back on stupid system requirements but yeah it seems some are content to go all out.

Ain't nobody buying a 3080 from a scalper just to play dying light at 1080p

3 hours ago, Substatic said:

I'm getting the game soon I'll let you know if these random tweets are true, I bet I won't have stuttering.

I noticed stuttering during the first part where the train comes in and they hop off. 2 or 3 stutters but then smooth.

The gpu and cpu aren't being stressed. 

It feels like something that could be optimized or patched, I don't think it's that system requirements are so high.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

So the thousands of PC gamers complaining about performance issues simply didn't build their PC correctly. Makes perfect sense....:|

Just played an hour of FF. Zero stuttering so far. Looks like another win for Lord C, for me at least.

BF and Halo run fine for me as well, and like DF I agree they are best on PC. I don't care about random twitter user who said it doesn't work well for their 1080i.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Do I even need to say anything else? The evidence is overwhelming at this point. PC gaming is a shadow of its former self.

The evidence is overwhelming indeed. PC is now being given the most attention (every MS games and several PS exclusives). And the best version of most games. You're  spamming all these smilies over 1 game, but PC has the same thing but with 100s of games, yet you're quiet about all of those.

Cherry picking 2 or 3 games out of 1000s is a joke, (muchless you using an unreleased game, and lying about 2 others) surely even for someone using anecdotal evidence that's fail and shows the complete opposite.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Just played an hour of FF. Zero stuttering so far. Looks like another win for Lord C, for me at least.

BF and Halo run fine for me as well, and like DF I agree they are best on PC. I don't care about random twitter user who said it doesn't work well for their 1080i.

The evidence is overwhelming indeed. PC is now being given the most attention (every MS games and several PS exclusives). And the best version of most games. You're  spamming all these smilies over 1 game, but PC has the same thing but with 100s of games, yet you're quiet about all of those.

Cherry picking 2 or 3 games out of 1000s is a joke, (muchless you using an unreleased game, and lying about 2 others) surely even for someone using anecdotal evidence that's fail and shows the complete opposite.

Where are you getting these 1000s of games from? Nobody cares about old indie games from years ago. You don't need a gaming PC to play most of them anyway. But you do need one to play the popular, Triple A games that most people actually care about. And the reality is that the publishers and developers of those games are half assing those ports because they know consoles are where the money is, screwing over people who spent loads of money on the latest and greatest hardware.

And im among one of those people so I know first hand what im talking about. I spent $2K on a PC primarily to play BF2042 ($1K of that went towards a 3070Ti, lowest price I could find it) but I can barely get 60FPS at just 2K, with constant dips into the 50s and even 40s sometimes. Then I look at the digital foundry analysis of the console versions, and somehow those $400-$500 systems are pulling a consistent 57-60 FPS at 4K or close to it. Its straight up a better experience at a fraction of the price, that is simply unforgivable and the game isn't an outlier either, as recent titles like FF7 Remake, Halo Infinite, and now Dying Light 2 are proving. The age of PC providing the best experience for multiplats is over, the sooner you realize that the better.

And we're still at the beginning of the gen. It'll only get worse as time goes on and more demanding games are developed. The days of being able to build a high end PC and knowing that it would be future proof are over.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Where are you getting these 1000s of games from? Nobody cares about old indie games from years ago. You don't need a gaming PC to play most of them anyway. But you do need one to play the popular, Triple A games that most people actually care about. And the reality is that the publishers and developers of those games are half assing those ports because they know consoles are where the money is, screwing over people who spent loads of money on the latest and greatest hardware.

And im among one of those people so I know first hand what im talking about. I spent $2K on a PC primarily to play BF2042 ($1K of that went towards a 3070Ti, lowest price I could find it) but I can barely get 60FPS at just 2K, with constant dips into the 50s and even 40s sometimes. Then I look at the digital foundry analysis of the console versions, and somehow those $400-$500 systems are pulling a consistent 57-60 FPS at 4K or close to it. Its straight up a better experience at a fraction of the price, that is simply unforgivable and the game isn't an outlier either, as recent titles like FF7 Remake, Halo Infinite, and now Dying Light 2 are proving. The age of PC providing the best experience for multiplats is over, the sooner you realize that the better.

And we're still at the beginning of the gen. It'll only get worse as time goes on and more demanding games are developed. The days of being able to build a high end PC and knowing that it would be future proof are over.

Just looking at digital foundry face off for any AAA game, PC wins nearly all the time the last 5 years. Every AAA or AA game I personally try is much better on PC as well these last few years. This wasn't the case 2 gens ago, multiplats actually did have quite a few problems on PC and it got a lot less. Back then I used to get dunked on daily due to poor ports. Now I can at most get dunked on one time a year, and it's very temporary. Now it gets a lot more (including all MS games and PS exclusives) and they are typically (over 90% of the time) much better on PC.

The examples of a game being better on console is very low in comparison, single digits each year. A big leap compared to 2 gens ago. I think I'll just continue to play the better version of most games, and more of them come to PC than ever before. There are sometimes issues, they usually get fixed the first week.  Any big issue is usually at the start of a gen, and PC just completely takes over as the gen goes on (the opposite of what you said....we've been through this so many times lol).

Edited by Substatic
On 2021-12-17 at 8:17 PM, roflpwnedz said:

I noticed stuttering during the first part where the train comes in and they hop off. 2 or 3 stutters but then smooth.

The gpu and cpu aren't being stressed. 

It feels like something that could be optimized or patched, I don't think it's that system requirements are so high.

The system requirements for this game is low because it's a PS4 title at heart.

I had to Nexus mod my install, remove the 120 fps cap and the forced Resolution scaling.

Edited by The Mother Fucker