Horizon Forbidden West screenshots and Video/GIF footage on PS4 Pro

https://gfycat.com/pinkfittingboaconstrictor

https://gfycat.com/clutteredweirdamethystgemclam

https://gfycat.com/beautifulathleticgartersnake

FKHH_HTUYAIHngh.thumb.jpg.b5b03ef23ce033e0dac5146925e0c244.jpg

FKHH_HdVUAIH-A3.thumb.jpg.eaa4d580d35171a7b6f1b5224b70ccf2.jpg

FKHH_xAVUA4kH7w.thumb.jpg.a26fa710d0d4fa35e43887c9c74626d7.jpg

This game has no business looking this good on a PS4 Pro.

:sabu:   Sony are just embarrassing MS now. How the hell does this game running on a PS4 Pro look better than Microsoft's flagship games running on the 12 Tflop Series X? This completely annihilates Halo infinite and it's running on a PS4 lol.

Edited by FIREPOWER
Video footage added
  • Like 1
  • NPC 1
  • FIREPOWER changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West screenshots and GIF footage on PS4 Pro

Looks great, all things considering. You can definitely see that they've placed the fog about 100-150 ft away so that they could reduce detail. There's little particle effects, and things that breakaway and fall on the ground disappear quickly. And I think  I see some environmental shadows loading high-quality shadows as you get right next to them.

Also that village she was walking through didn't appear to have many people there.

Interesting that Sony choose to have the footage run on PS4pro and not show it running on a regular PS4.  Its probably chugging on the base PS4 hardware.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The PS5 version really doesn't look much different than this. You can tell that being cross gen definitely limited the game's visual potential.

I think you need to watch the recent PS5 footage again next to this one and compare them side by side. The differences are quite huge and noticeable. Everything from lighting to textures looks better on PS5. PS4 Pro version looks stellar but it doesn’t hold a candle to the PS5 version when you look closely at the details and draw distance.

Edited by FIREPOWER
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The PS5 version really doesn't look much different than this. You can tell that being cross gen definitely limited the game's visual potential.

i'm going to have to disagree with this. massive difference. the textures, lighting and LOD alone.

• FIREPOWER changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West screenshots and Video/GIF footage on PS4 Pro
Just now, Twinblade said:

Are there any side by side comparisons? I guess when the game comes out there will be plenty.

hmmm i don't think so. but i definitely noticed the difference. it's comparable to fh5 on series x vs. series s.

6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

John from DF says he can’t wait to do side by side comparison when the game releases.

it's definitely a technical achievement for the ps4 pro, much like death stranding, but yeah, i look forward to watching the breakdown.

• Like 1

there's a reason why they don't have footage of the character running really fast through those towns, or whipping the camera around left and right.

the previous game could only render what was on-screen, and you could actually see that it had trouble loading things if you spin the camera around fast-enough.

d8ab9cca975b4e6f-600x338.gif

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Looks really bland in my opinion.

Of course you would say that but your dumb lemshit ass praises the hell out of Halo Infinite’s shitty looking recycled biome with copy-pasted trees and Craigs :qbad:

A35FE484-4B14-42F4-922D-897F68C22080.jpeg

B9FA0CD6-FC7C-42EA-9D53-BC9973738C10.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I’m currently being subjected to Pokémon Legend’s awful visuals so you’re right, my eyes definitely need to be checked :hest:

You've been giving dumb next gen takes since this gen started, you can't blame Pokémon for your stupidity :umad: