Digital Foundry Steam Deck review

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's extremely impressive tech. i would have been all over this about 5 years ago. i now barely play the switch undocked.

So its basically just a portable PS4 hardware wise. Its a shame Sony didn't continue the Vita, a successor to that would have destroyed the Deck, as it would actually have its own library of games and

It's so obvious Elden Ring, Snorza 5, God of War, Cuphead, Death stranding, only some of the most hyped games on sw from the past few years on day 1 "Barely run" he says, as if the Ditch was ever go

4 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Do you actually want to play games on it? Or do you just want to see what games it can barely play for few minutes and then move on to the next one? 

What kind of retarded ass question is that?

Man there's a lot of butthurt Switch fanboys mad about the Deck :hest: 

49 minutes ago, Remij said:

What kind of retarded ass question is that?

Man there's a lot of butthurt Switch fanboys mad about the Deck :hest: 

It's so obvious :kaz: Elden Ring, Snorza 5, God of War, Cuphead, Death stranding, only some of the most hyped games on sw from the past few years on day 1 :bena: "Barely run" he says, as if the Ditch was ever going to run any games like this.

The 30fps system wide cap is impressive. I remember trying a 30fps cap on my old 670 just out of curiosity when I was new to PC gaming thinking it wouldn't be too bad I was used to it, but the jerkiness was terrible. This looks like they have it smooth. It was one of the things I was worried about originally how 30fps would feel on a PC but they have addressed that concern.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

It's so obvious :kaz: Elden Ring, Snorza 5, God of War, Cuphead, Death stranding, only some of the most hyped games on sw from the past few years on day 1 :bena: "Barely run" he says, as if the Ditch was ever going to run any games like this.

The 30fps system wide cap is impressive. I remember trying a 30fps cap on my old 670 just out of curiosity when I was new to PC gaming thinking it wouldn't be too bad I was used to it, but the jerkiness was terrible. This looks like they have it smooth. It was one of the things I was worried about originally how 30fps would feel on a PC but they have addressed that concern.

Yea, it seems like a great system-wide 30fps cap on the Deck.

The software's only going to get better too.

One disappointing thing though is that they don't have drivers out for Windows in time for launch...  LMAO I know you won't give a shit about that... but I do.

The OS is getting daily updates as well so things are going to be improving fast.

Can't wait for this godly little device :love: 

Great enthusiast device as I said from jump.  Beyond that let's see if it gets traction as zero actual games will be made specifically for deck. 

Unless Valve does something. 

But that screen... Yiiikes :holeup:

They could have sourced a slightly better LCD for this thing at least,  not suitable to use outside as a portable. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Great enthusiast device as I said from jump.  Beyond that let's see if it gets traction as zero actual games will be made specifically for deck. 

They could have sourced a slightly better LCD for this thing at least,  not suitable to use outside as a portable. 

Is it any worse than the original Switch?

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So its basically just a portable PS4 hardware wise. Its a shame Sony didn't continue the Vita, a successor to that would have destroyed the Deck, as it would actually have its own library of games and wouldn't just have been a gimped PC.

sony fucked up with that proprietary memory bullshit. a damn shame, since i loved my vita.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, it seems like a great system-wide 30fps cap on the Deck.

The software's only going to get better too.

One disappointing thing though is that they don't have drivers out for Windows in time for launch...  LMAO I know you won't give a shit about that... but I do.

The OS is getting daily updates as well so things are going to be improving fast.

Can't wait for this godly little device :love: 

Yeah outside of the 1001 reasons why I think Windows would suck, I personally wouldn't install any OS on this as you would lose the "native" feel. It wouldn't feel as fluid loading into a desktop, not to mention mose desktops aren't designed for a small 800p screen.

Their comment on shaders makes it sound like they have pre-caching disabled. Its definitely something they should enable.

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So its basically just a portable PS4 hardware wise. Its a shame Sony didn't continue the Vita, a successor to that would have destroyed the Deck, as it would actually have its own library of games and wouldn't just have been a gimped PC.

No it would have flopped like the Vita did and been abandoned with no games.

The beautu of the Deck is that Steam will continue to get games whether the Deck sells or not.

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Is this where Sheep pretend they play their Switch outside all the time even though wr know that's not true?