Triangle Strategy reviews coming in - 84 at MC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did. I don't like it as much as octopath

It justice doesn't draw me in. The voice acting is kind of annoying. I'm sure it's a fine game but the style just feels worn out now. Once was enough 

i just did specify it. and technically i compared this more to tactics advance on gba, which i also played a similar amount (~5 hours) before turning it off and selling it.

36 minutes ago, Ike said:

Flop @ GS with a 7. Still looks interesting to me and I’ll get it as part of a B2G1 later or maybe on sale. 

To be fair it seems that the GS reviewer has only played half of the game. The final score could change.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

To be fair it seems that the GS reviewer has only played half of the game. The final score could change.

I just hope the OST is at least half as good as Octopath. That’s my favorite OST of the last 5 years easily. I really should play the demo eventually. Just too busy with work and now Elden Ring lol. 

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What do you dislike about it?

It justice doesn't draw me in. The voice acting is kind of annoying. I'm sure it's a fine game but the style just feels worn out now. Once was enough 

• Upvote 1

I feel like if the game isn't a service type game which is evolving, or has some element which doesn't go live until launch day, such as a multiplayer aspect... review sites shouldn't be doing "In Progress" reviews...

They should have just waited to post their review until they had beaten the game....

It's nice that it ended up improving from their initial score though.  Sounds like the game takes its time to get the ball rolling, but once it does it's pretty satisfying.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ike said:

Just seems like a time sink. I don’t have time for these type of games. Guess I’ll just give the OST a listen. Minimum 31 hours for the main story. 

Crazy thing is thats like 1/3rd the length of Elden Ring :D I will definitely finish Triangle Strategy if its fun. Can't say the same for Elden Ring, I just have no energy left for that game.

On 2022-03-08 at 8:36 PM, Cooke said:

I don't like tactics games so I have no interest 

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Crazy thing is thats like 1/3rd the length of Elden Ring :D I will definitely finish Triangle Strategy if its fun. Can't say the same for Elden Ring, I just have no energy left for that game.

Oh yeah, I’ve quit Elden Ring too. It’s just way too much. I’m going to be starting Stranger of Paradise soon probably. 

16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I got this :wow2: Was reading some impressions on GAF, and people are really impressed by it. Many are saying its up there with FFT in quality.

Oh bull shit. :biggrin:

I’ve read and seen enough as well as played the demos extensively to know it’s not on the same level of FFT/ Tactics ogre. 

I think it’s likely a decent clone but nothing more. Whoever said that clearly doesent know shit about SRPGS

13 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

solid gameplay and okay presentation, but the story is sleep inducing and the characters are dull. feels more like a 7/10 than 8/10

And that’s a big reason why the FFT comparison is laughable. Just play the demo and get a glimpse of how awful the characters are