Fewer than half of Elden Ring players have actually beaten the first major boss on PC

14 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah it's gonna be like that in Elden Ring probably even more so than past Souls games as this one truly has gone mainstream Will prob hit 15-20m sales lifetime I reckon.

yep. some of the bosses im beating now are giving me achievements with like 0.4% completion lol

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It’s actually pretty amazing, and I have never been able to get into From’s other games. 

It's the same exact shit as the previous games but with an open world. Elden Ring plays exactly the same as Dark Souls in terms of overall gameplay.

I mean Dark Souls 1 was almost an open world too, with shortcuts that always led back to the first shrine and multiple paths you could go to right at the very beginning for a non linear progression.

It's cool you enjoy the game but it really didn't stray far from the established formula. Any Souls fans felt right at home when starting Elden Ring. In fact, I wished it did more new things. The one From Soft/Miyazaki game that really changed the formula was Sekiro, the Dark Souls DNA was felt throughout the game but the combat was a totally different beast. 

Just now, Ramza said:

It's the same exact shit as the previous games but with an open world. Elden Ring plays exactly the same as Dark Souls in terms of overall gameplay.

I mean Dark Souls 1 was almost an open world too, with shortcuts that always led back to the first shrine and multiple paths you could go to right at the very beginning for a non linear progression.

It's cool you enjoy the game but it really didn't stray far from the established formula. Any Souls fans felt right at home when starting Elden Ring. In fact, I wished it did more new things. The one From Soft/Miyazaki game that really changed the formula was Sekiro, the Dark Souls DNA was felt throughout the game but the combat was a totally different beast. 

yeah, i never played dark souls. only demon's, which i hated, and bloodborne, which just didn't click with me. i guess the open world is more appealing to me.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i never played dark souls. only demon's, which i hated, and bloodborne, which just didn't click with me. i guess the open world is more appealing to me.

Damn, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are easily my favorite in the series but it's more objective nostalgia than anything else. Dark Souls 1 is probably the best one technically speaking (without taking Elden Ring into account). I'm not recommending it to you though, even though the level design is Metroidvania like, it's going to feel somewhat old and dated after Elden Ring. 

Just now, Ramza said:

Damn, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are easily my favorite in the series but it's more objective nostalgia than anything else. Dark Souls 1 is probably the best one technically speaking (without taking Elden Ring into account). I'm not recommending it to you though, even though the level design is Metroidvania like, it's going to feel somewhat old and dated after Elden Ring. 

yeah, i had heard about its excellent metroidvania level design.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Damn man, you're in deep lol

Been no lifing it pretty hard tbh. 70 hours in. 

it all lined up, I’m working from home and just got our puppy neutered so he requires lots of supervision but not as many walks. Lots of time to sit around. 

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Eh dark souls 1 was certainly a lot more metroidvania than open world. Having just replayed Dark Souls 3 before this, it’s damn near linear. 

there’s lots of distinctions in their designs. Obviously Elden ring kept the legacy dungeons which are the tried and true FROM design. 

agreed that if you’ve played souls before you’ll feel right at home though. 

I hope going forward we get some sort of release cadence where we alternate between more traditional FROM design and the open world side of things. Iterating on each of course. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

Been no lifing it pretty hard tbh. 70 hours in. 

it all lined up, I’m working from home and just got our puppy neutered so he requires lots of supervision but not as many walks. Lots of time to sit around. 

That's awesome man, perfect game to be able to sink a lot of hours into too. I'm about 50h in and just got to the mountains.