Fewer than half of Elden Ring players have actually beaten the first major boss on PC

Just now, Twinblade said:

Could be wrong, but each of the dungeons seem to have 2 bosses.

is godrick close to margrit? i did unlock a new area, but i didn't find a boss. maybe i didn't look hard enough.

Pretty much the case for most challenging games on any platform. PC version is probably aggravated because of the framerate issues, some people waiting for patches and others asked for a refund.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Elden Ring will probably be among the least finished games this year just because of the difficultly and how much time/patience you need to invest in it. Same with Returnal last year.

yeah, this will be a game i slowly chip away at. i can't play it in large dosages.

I mean... it's right there in the article...

However, it's the game's first major boss, the demigod Godrick the Grafted, where many Elden Ring players are running up against a wall. According to Steam, just under half of the playerbase have actually defeated this roadblock of a boss fight. It's a similar story on PS5 and PS4, too, where around 54% of players have currently defeated Godrick.

Then you'll have lots of players who wont even get 1 trophy in a souls game.... like Jerky :rofl: 

Just now, Remij said:

I mean... it's right there in the article...

However, it's the game's first major boss, the demigod Godrick the Grafted, where many Elden Ring players are running up against a wall. According to Steam, just under half of the playerbase have actually defeated this roadblock of a boss fight. It's a similar story on PS5 and PS4, too, where around 54% of players have currently defeated Godrick.

Then you'll have lots of players who wont even get 1 trophy in a souls game.... like Jerky :rofl: 

i only have 1 trophy :mj:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i only have 1 trophy :mj:

That's already better than Jerky. :hehe: 

But in Elden Ring, it's understandable that such a low amount of people have beat the first real boss.  It's typical for these kinds of games, especially when you're talking about 10M+ people.  More than any other Souls game in ER you can run around and do a lot of different shit for hours without fighting the major bosses.

I'm actually surprised around half the people have beaten the first boss, because Margit is a wall that a lot of casuals wouldn't even get beyond.  This game also had crazy levels of hype and because it's open-world you have tons of new people trying it out for the first time, not realizing what they're getting into. lol

• Like 1
Just now, Remij said:

That's already better than Jerky. :hehe: 

But in Elden Ring, it's understandable that such a low amount of people have beat the first real boss.  It's typical for these kinds of games, especially when you're talking about 10M+ people.  More than any other Souls game in ER you can run around and do a lot of different shit for hours without fighting the major bosses.

I'm actually surprised around half the people have beaten the first boss, because Margit is a wall that a lot of casuals wouldn't even get beyond.  This game also had crazy levels of hype and because it's open-world you have tons of new people trying it out for the first time, not realizing what they're getting into. lol

yeah, i didn't know what to expect. it's definitely been an interesting ride, so far. i can only imagine how it will all play out later on. margit was pretty tough. i probably died like 20 times lol.

Just now, -GD-X said:

yeah, i didn't know what to expect. it's definitely been an interesting ride, so far. i can only imagine how it will all play out later on. margit was pretty tough. i probably died like 20 times lol.

Yea, I mean if you're just a new player coming in and have no real concept of how to level up your characters, or how to even cast magic, or get summons, or how equipment scales... if you're just running up to Stormveil at a really low level... you're in for a bad time. :D 

Once you get used to the games systems and learn how to put the advantage in your favor, then things become a lot more manageable. 

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, I mean if you're just a new player coming in and have no real concept of how to level up your characters, or how to even cast magic, or get summons, or how equipment scales... if you're just running up to Stormveil at a really low level... you're in for a bad time. :D 

Once you get used to the games systems and learn how to put the advantage in your favor, then things become a lot more manageable. 

yeah, creating and upgrading flasks and leveling up my mind/intelligence have done wonders. oh, and getting that boulder spell too.

• Like 1