So how do you guys feel about a God of War live-action TV series?

I dunno... I can foresee a certain shitstorm taking place with potential casting...

and I'm not sure if I'm ready to see a live action Kratos, period.

At the same time though... if done right, I think it could be amazing lol.

I kinda get the feeling like they're jumping into all this stuff a bit too quickly.. because they're only really going to get one shot with all these things..

22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i think it could possibly work if it goes back to its greek mythology roots.

Yea they'd have to...  That's really the only way they can give Kratos his proper character arc.  Demise > Betrayal > Revenge > Redemption

I think it could be damn good if done right.  I have a feeling though that I'd be expecting way too much from it.  I want a mature adult only show with tons of violence, nudity, and just a more adult take in general.  Give it a good budget, and somehow if they managed to find the right Kratos... it could be awesome.

But that's asking a lot. 😕

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea they'd have to...  That's really the only way they can give Kratos his proper character arc.  Demise > Betrayal > Revenge > Redemption

I think it could be damn good if done right.  I have a feeling though that I'd be expecting way too much from it.  I want a mature adult only show with tons of violence, nudity, and just a more adult take in general.  Give it a good budget, and somehow if they managed to find the right Kratos... it could be awesome.

But that's asking a lot. 😕

the gratuity and badass vibe of spartacus, but with all of the gods. it could be epic :wow2:

• Like 1

I think God of War is a tough one because it needs to be a tv show to have any chance of telling the story well and developing it's characters, however it needs a movie budget to truly not make it look shit. 

Being linked with Amazon Prime is not really making me hopeful.

29 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the gratuity and badass vibe of spartacus, but with all of the gods. it could be epic :wow2:

Damn, that's actually such a good idea. A hard R rated GoW on Starz would've been sick. Plus can use the spartacus like style to make up for budget limitations. 

• Like 2

Depending on budget and casting it could end up being good. I’m just not hopeful when it comes to videogame adaptions turning into live action. They usually end up being shit but I’ll hold off my judgment and see what they come up with. Afterall, Witcher TV series on Netflix ended up being decent so there’s a little bit of hope for a God of War.

6 hours ago, Remij said:

I dunno... I can foresee a certain shitstorm taking place with potential casting...

and I'm not sure if I'm ready to see a live action Kratos, period.

At the same time though... if done right, I think it could be amazing lol.

I kinda get the feeling like they're jumping into all this stuff a bit too quickly.. because they're only really going to get one shot with all these things..

As long as they cast Christopher Judge as Kratos I'm good. 

27 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

As long as they cast Christopher Judge as Kratos I'm good. 

It's going to be contentious whatever they do.

I love Chris, but I doubt they're going to cast him.  He went through multiple surgeries, and is pushing 60 years old now.  Doing the performance of Kratos in the new games is probably a lot less demanding than shooting a live action TV show would be.  Especially considering the Greek side of the story.  It's far more bombastic and over the top, and Kratos being 100% raging wouldn't really suit how Chris portrays the character.

Will be interesting to see who they land on.

Maybe Jason Mamoa?  Or Djimon Hounsou.  I think they'd be good picks.

Edited by Remij
17 minutes ago, Remij said:

I love Chris, but I doubt they're going to cast him.  He went through multiple surgeries, and is pushing 60 years old now.  Doing the performance of Kratos in the new games is probably a lot less demanding than shooting a live action TV show would be.  Especially considering the Greek side of the story.  It's far more bombastic and over the top, and Kratos being 100% raging wouldn't really suit how Chris portrays the character.

I could see either of them doing good. 

5 hours ago, Remij said:

Momoa looks the part but no way he is shaving his head