February NPD: Back to LAST for PS5, Elden Ring smacks Horizon FW

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Not really.  Losing the war means getting out of the business.

Let's just say I'm not worried about the company that can spend $70B on pubs/devs like it's nothing. :pavarotti: 

The thing is if they can't recoup that 70B and in a hurry, their shareholders aren't going to be happy. The last thing a company like Microsoft wants to do is piss their shareholders off. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in other words ps5 is back to sold out and xbox is being firesale'd to a new low every week, after 1 year on the market        

Sheep can't play elden ring so they went back to bore of the wild 

he knows he already lost his scaremongering argument   you could say he's being rendered......................inert

Posted Images

Just now, Sublyminal said:

The thing is if they can't recoup that 70B and in a hurry, their shareholders aren't going to be happy. The last thing a company like Microsoft wants to do is piss their shareholders off. 

I'm going to literally quote you what Lemij..........and other lemmings both here and on neogaf have said.

There is NO EXAGGERATIONS or MISREPRESENTATION in what I am going to quote............I'm literally typing it verbatim, and they LITERALLY meant it the way the typed it.

Ok............here it goes:

"Whatever bro........Microsoft is okay with losing money. They can lose money forever, and they won't care.":idid:

Once again..........I'm not exaggerating what I just quoted. These dumbasses have literally said this. ANd it will be one of this amazing quotes we can look back on ten years from now.

Just now, Sublyminal said:

:drake: 

Their shareholders literally asked what's next.... right after the deal was made....

MS have already made that $70B back as a company... and their ambitions are far larger than just the console market.  They are building a massive development force.  They are buying development studios which will put them in a better position for what's next in the tech world.  There's not just gaming, there's the metaverse which the biggest companies in the world are putting TONS of resources into to building up.  MS is investing in developers for all sorts of reasons.  Either MS buys them, or Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and others, buy them instead...

They're not going to stop either.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm going to literally quote you what Lemij..........and other lemmings both here and on neogaf have said.

There is NO EXAGGERATIONS or MISREPRESENTATION in what I am going to quote............I'm literally typing it verbatim, and they LITERALLY meant it the way the typed it.

"Whatever bro........Microsoft is okay with losing money. They can lose money forever, and they won't care.":idid:

Once again..........I'm not exaggerating what I just quoted. These dumbasses have literally said this. ANd it will be one of this amazing quotes we can look back on ten years from now.

Remember when Phil was getting fired? :sabu:

And instead he got promoted... twice.

Remember when Xbox was dead?

And then they approved $80B+ into expanding it.

LOL... MS absolutely IS fine with losing money to force the industry into a place where they have strength.

MS actively ARE changing the gaming industry... right before our eyes.  And Sony will follow, or get gobbled up by bigger fish  :hest: 

Just now, Remij said:

Remember when Phil was getting fired? :sabu:

And instead he got promoted... twice.

Remember when Xbox was dead?

And then they approved $80B+ into expanding it.

LOL... MS absolutely IS fine with losing money to force the industry into a place where they have strength.

MS actively ARE changing the gaming industry... right before our eyes.  And Sony will follow, or get gobbled up by bigger fish  :hest: 

:hest:Look at him melting down.

Lyin'Fakeboy sure is getting angry. You can literally tell his anger from Phil Spencer turning Xbox into a third-party back in 2018, he was so hurt over the assraping I delivered to him that year.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, Remij said:

:drake: 

Their shareholders literally asked what's next.... right after the deal was made....

MS have already made that $70B back as a company... and their ambitions are far larger than just the console market.  They are building a massive development force.  They are buying development studios which will put them in a better position for what's next in the tech world.  There's not just gaming, there's the metaverse which the biggest companies in the world are putting TONS of resources into to building up.  MS is investing in developers for all sorts of reasons.  Either MS buys them, or Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and others, buy them instead...

They're not going to stop either.

There's this thing called overleveraging too much, MS can't use its OS department to cover the losses by its gaming department. eventually if the shareholders begin to see their money affected, they start to sell (not saying this will happen, but it could.) Microsoft could have either made the deals of a lifetime or they could have killed their entertainment business for good, it's going to be about 12-13 years before they make back just the 70B they spent on activision/blizzard.

Plus,  here were rumblings in the past that this would be the last Xbox console ever made. If this one failed, then MS was going to go straight 3rd party. What a better way to make buckets of money by dumping the console and publishing to PC/PS5/Switch? They would rake in billions in cash every year from CoD alone. This doesn't include Blizzard's games. 

Going to be interesting to see, none of it affects me in the least, as a Hermit, I get the best of both worlds. 

3 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

There's this thing called overleveraging too much, MS can't use its OS department to cover the losses by its gaming department. eventually if the shareholders begin to see their money affected, they start to sell (not saying this will happen, but it could.) Microsoft could have either made the deals of a lifetime or they could have killed their entertainment business for good, it's going to be about 12-13 years before they make back just the 70B they spent on activision/blizzard.

Plus,  here were rumblings in the past that this would be the last Xbox console ever made. If this one failed, then MS was going to go straight 3rd party. What a better way to make buckets of money by dumping the console and publishing to PC/PS5/Switch? They would rake in billions in cash every year from CoD alone. This doesn't include Blizzard's games. 

Going to be interesting to see, none of it affects me in the least, as a Hermit, I get the best of both worlds. 

You're awful worried about something that isn't your problem.

It's like idiots worrying about how GamePass will be sustainable... LOL even Phil Spencer told people.... just enjoy the games... it's sustainable :drake: 

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No way... there's no way he said that. 

Just now, Remij said:

It's like idiots worrying about how GamePass will be sustainable... LOL even Phil Spencer told people.... just enjoy the games... it's sustainable :drake: 

I'm invested in Microsoft, of course it's my problem.  

4 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

That's the thing, I even told Lemij about this.

Salty Nutella, Microsoft's CEO............is doing this in a way that, if the Xbox division hits a plateau and they just cannot find any positive signs of REAL GROWTH..........he's actually got things to SELL and try and make his money back.

But, if GamePass were nothing but 10 Microsoft published games, and 120 games licensed by OTHER THIRD PARTIES........and GamePass, as a service, proceeds to fail.

What does Salty Nutella have to sell when he closes GamePass? If 85% of everything are things Microsoft DOESN'T OWN, then there's no assets to sell off.

Its the same reason Netflix greatly diminished LICENSING MOVIES AND TV SHOWS, and switched over to BUYING THE OWNERSHIP of movies and tv shows, because at the end, they would have assets of value to sell off in case things go south.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

You were ranting about Jim Ryan's problems last night.:hest:Once again acting like a hypocrite.

In other words..............you can't properly explain how Microsoft's business model will succeed, so you're trying to end the conversation by telling to "not worry about it"

LOL

1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

I'm invested in Microsoft, of course it's my problem.  

No, it's not your problem...  Shareholders are seeing their money go... up.  You're not investing in Xbox... you're investing in MS....

And no.. there are no rumblings that this past console is the last one.  That's already been debunked.

4 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

No way... there's no way he said that. 

He just told, right now............to now worry that Microsoft is losing money.

Yeah...........this is not a FLUKE response, MULTIPLE Xbox fanboys on this forum and neogaf have literally typed that.

Just now, jehurey said:

You were ranting about Jim Ryan's problems last night.:hest:Once again acting like a hypocrite.

In other words..............you can't properly explain how Microsoft's business model will succeed, so you're trying to end the conversation by telling to "not worry about it"

LOL

There's a reason why I said they're Jim Ryans problems...  I'm not worried about Sony being in last place.... YOU are :sabu: 

Just now, Remij said:

There's a reason why I said they're Jim Ryans problems...

No, I told you that you don't need to worry about Jim Ryan having sold 17 million PS5's

But you kept on ranting.

Sorry.............you're not retconning your obvious hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

That's the thing, I even told Lemij about this.

Salty Nutella, Microsoft's CEO............is doing this in a way that, if the Xbox division hits a plateau and they just cannot find any positive signs of REAL GROWTH..........he's actually got things to SELL and try and make his money back.

But, if GamePass were nothing but 10 Microsoft published games, and 120 games licensed by OTHER THIRD PARTIES........and GamePass, as a service, proceeds to fail.

What does Salty Nutella have to sell when he closes GamePass? If 85% of everything are things Microsoft DOESN'T OWN, then there's no assets to sell off.

Its the same reason Netflix greatly diminished LICENSING MOVIES AND TV SHOWS, and switched over to BUYING THE OWNERSHIP of movies and tv shows, because at the end, they would have assets of value to sell off in case things go south.

Netflix really borked things up by allowing a lot of these movies to leave. They should have locked up deals for 20-30 years before other places began to create their own services. The one good thing that I do like about Netflix is they are not scared to do their own movies and shows. A shit ton of them are absolutely amazing. Do I believe it will be enough to keep their stock around 340 a share? No. They need another hit like Squid Game for that to happen. 

I don't have to worry about how MS' business model will succeed..

I'm not worried about them spending $70B on game developers....

If I was the competition... I'd be worried about my competitors spending $70B :hest: 

1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

Netflix really borked things up by allowing a lot of these movies to leave. They should have locked up deals for 20-30 years before other places began to create their own services. The one good thing that I do like about Netflix is they are not scared to do their own movies and shows. A shit ton of them are absolutely amazing. Do I believe it will be enough to keep their stock around 340 a share? No. They need another hit like Squid Game for that to happen. 

And do you see Gamepass subscription numbers increasing at ANY RATE REMOTELY CLOSE to what Netflix had grown when they started their streaming service 10-12 years ago?

Hell, let's not compare them with Netflix.

Let's try Disney+.

No wait, that's still not fair. Let's try HBOm-no wait, that still isn't even close.

Let's try Peacock or Paramount Plus:drake: People already consider THOSE services to be not-very-successful.

Do you even see GamePass approaching those subscription numbers?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, I told you that you don't need to worry about Jim Ryan having sold 17 million PS5's

But you kept on ranting.

Sorry.............you're not retconning your obvious hypocrisy.

LOL no... I called Jimbo a failure... because he's failing to meet the demand for his product...  That's not me worrying about them...  You're the one wanting me to be worried about it so badly :kaz: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't have to worry about how MS' business model will succeed..

I'm not worried about them spending $70B on game developers....

If I was the competition... I'd be worried about my competitors spending $70B :hest: 

What I tell you, Sub.............he's literally saying "Microsoft LOVES LOSING MONEY, bro!"