Elden God sales in first month surpass BF2042, Far Cry 6, and Resident Evil Village lifetime sales

WTF... 

Screenshot-2022-03-13-165301.png

Even accounting for errors... it's still clearly over 10M on Steam alone... within the first 3 weeks.

I really wonder what the Playstation numbers are..

Edited by Remij
50 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It is insane (and so good) how FROM has turned such a niche genre/franchise into an all out mainstream hit with an actual new IP too. Absolutely incredible. 

Lol come on lets not go there again. Elden Ring isn't a new IP, much like Sekiro and Bloodborne weren't new IPs. These games are all built from the same framework even if they don't share the same names.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

WTF... 

Screenshot-2022-03-13-165301.png

Even accounting for errors... it's still clearly over 10M on Steam alone... within the first 3 weeks.

I really wonder what the Playstation numbers are..

If it was 20 million on PC alone it would surely be above COD now

That's awesome, westcuck gaming absolutely BTFO :tom: 

No day-1 DLC or pre-order bonus crap, no unlocking things with money or pay to win schemes, no casual Ubisoft crap open world gameplay and crowded HUD

Insane amount of content and challenging.

Millions of gamers, old fans and new ones will see how it's supposed to be done and love it forever :aitch: 

Edited by bhytre
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lol come on lets not go there again. Elden Ring isn't a new IP, much like Sekiro and Bloodborne weren't new IPs. These games are all built from the same framework even if they don't share the same names.

First you're 100% wrong, Elden Ring is literally a new IP. As were Sekiro and Bloodborne. IP isn't a genre or a framework. There is a million different games with the same 'framework' (look at Ubi games and 99% of open world games), that doesn't mean they aren't different IPs lol 

But anyways you're missing the point. This game has broken through to hit full mainstream appeal. Look at the other games it is surpassing, games that hit that level based purely on their IP and name. It is now just below COD. COD btw sells what it sells purely by name, most casual gamers hardly even know about the diff devs. Same as FC, AC, RE, etc. That is sales based on pure IP strength. Elden Ring doesn't have any IP strength, it is a new IP, that means it has literally hit mainstream appeal through the FROM Software name, which is incredible. 

• Thanks 1
On 2022-03-14 at 2:29 AM, Twinblade said:

I'd argue that Sekiro is indeed a new IP. But people saying shit like "soulsborne" are fucking annoying. Bloodborne is a souls game. So FROM basically made two IPs in the past few years.

Souls games including elden ring and Sekiro. 

Edited by kaz
On 2022-03-13 at 7:23 PM, -GD-X said:

Re village was so disappointing. I’m resident evil’d out. 

They need to go back to the zombies... getting sick of werewolves, vampires, and fish monsters. It's like they threw together a bunch of horror movies and stuck the RE name on it. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

They need to go back to the zombies... getting sick of werewolves, vampires, and fish monsters. It's like they threw together a bunch of horror movies and stuck the RE name on it. 

This! 

4 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

I mean they truly lost me at the fungus that somehow made him human enough to bust a nut that created a baby fungus. What the fuck man...? 

This is why I loved RE 7 way more. I loved the Texas chainsaw vibe.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

This is why I loved RE 7 way more. I loved the Texas chainsaw vibe.

I don't think I've really "liked" a resident evil since 4. 7 was ok, but the whole fungus thing just yeah that got me. 

I hope they do a full on reboot for part 8... needs to go back to the zombies and stick with that... not parasites, not fungus. Etc.