Unpopular opinion, Halo 5 Guardians is awesome and Guardians of the Galaxy is mediocre.

Both Halo 5  and Guardians of the Galaxy have great a great story. I think Guardians of the Galaxy's story is better but and it's a big but.... The gameplay is atrocious.  Combat is a chore and overly complicated by the fact that it's not intuitive. The lock on system has a mind of it's own and often locks on to random enemies. Throw in frame rate issues and some atrocious frame pacing.

Halo 5 in contrast is buttery smooth fast paced and I always feel in complete control of my character.  The story is good as well. 

As an old school gamer gameplay and structure are the most important to me.  If I were to give Halo 5 and Guardians of The Galaxy a letter grade it would be Halo 5 a B+ and Guardians of the Galaxy a C+ (primarily for it's outstanding story). 

And shut the fuck up you fake gamers that jerk of to graphics. 

Edited by lostfool

I agree with most of your points. Halo has a good story but its carried by its gameplay. I wouldnt say GOTG has a better story but the way its told is more interesting.  GOTG is carried by its story but i dont think the gameplay is bad. Its not great but its serviceable for the type of game it is.

I havent finished GOTG yet....i think im on chapter 9? But basically Halo was great because of its interaction with the enemies. Guardians is great because of the interaction with its characters.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, JonbX said:

I agree with most of your points. Halo has a good story but its carried by its gameplay. I wouldnt say GOTG has a better story but the way its told is more interesting.  GOTG is carried by its story but i dont think the gameplay is bad. Its not great but its serviceable for the type of game it is.

I havent finished GOTG yet....i think im on chapter 9? But basically Halo was great because of its interaction with the enemies. Guardians is great because of the interaction with its characters.

I 100% agree with you.