DeSantis really is the best choice of republican presidential candidates

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

As a fellow Floridian, I agree with everything. DeSantis would be the worst candidate for Dems to go against.

Yup. I don’t see this playing out well for the dems. 

• 9 months later...

Also as a Floridian I don't think he has a chance in hell of winning like Trump did. Trump's win was aided by him being an apolitical public figure, his success as a business man, and his character. Desantis is not like him, his popularity or infamy is tied in politics and his first success as governor in Florida was actually a close battle with a democrat. Only his second win was by a landslide.

His culture war against African American history and LGTBQ and Women rights will not help him win at all. 

Edited by z,warrior

I feel like DeSantis has been really making some mistakes lately. The Disney stuff has outstayed it’s welcome, the fact that he’s still focused on them just comes off as desperate. The 6 week abortion law is also excessive. 10-12 weeks would be perfectly reasonable. But 6 is excessive and will definitely hurt his presidential campaign if he does go that route.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I feel like DeSantis has been really making some mistakes lately. The Disney stuff has outstayed it’s welcome, the fact that he’s still focused on them just comes off as desperate. The 6 week abortion law is also excessive. 10-12 weeks would be perfectly reasonable. But 6 is excessive and will definitely hurt his presidential campaign if he does go that route.

lol This is just what he's been doing the whole time. Giving the far right side of the base everything they want. I keep saying this is where all Republican roads end. The Disney stuff is a combination of you guys' obsessive fight with queer people, black people,  and "woke ideology". You were loving him because of your COVID shit and nothing else. His platform is the same as nearly every other red state Republicans'. 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The top republican donor just dropped his support for DeSantis because of his school book banning spree, criminalizing of teachers and banning of AP classes in certain high-schools. 

For some "odd reason" DeSantis keeps aligning himself with far right ideology and pushing his policies based on it This will alienate him for a wide national audience. 

He is not ready for the big leagues as I've said from day 1.

Florida is experiencing a gas crisis for the last week..... The Governor has been MIA. 

Certain areas in Florida are flooded, a disaster..... The Governor has been MIA. 

His Staunchest supporters are dropping him one by one..... Love to to it :juggle:

Resurrecting these threads from 2021 and 2022 are great.:tom:

It really shows you how bad and embarassing these alt-right'ers opinions age.

The shit they're saying today will age badly 18 months from now, as well.

We should absolutely resurrect the period in which these dumbasses were talking about drag queens sometime in Summer 2024.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Resurrecting these threads from 2021 and 2022 are great.:tom:

It really shows you how bad and embarassing these alt-right'ers opinions age.

The shit they're saying today will age badly 18 months from now, as well.

We should absolutely resurrect the period in which these dumbasses were talking about drag queens sometime in Summer 2024.

It's fucking hilarious watching some of the dumbest people on the site having the worst takes on everything. DynamiteCop, Cooke, and Twinblade were the dream team of stupidity.