EA blamed Halo Infinite for Battlefield 2042’s poor performance – but six months later, the tables have turned (TLHBFR!)

https://www.vg247.com/battlefield-2042-halo-infinite-steam-player-comparison-tables-turned

:mj:

After peaking at over 105,000 concurrent players on Steam at launch, Battlefield 2042's playerbase quickly and steadily took a sharp nosedive, to the point that it became the least-active Battlefield on Steam, outpaced by Battlefield 5, Battlefield 1, and even Battlefield 4 on occasion.

Battlefield 2042's first season arrived over six months after launch. Despite the meagre morsels of content it brought to the game, this new update rekindled interest amongst some players. The game's Steam numbers jumped – and to this day, they're still higher on average than the months preceding its launch.

Halo Infinite, however, appears to have run into the opposite problem: after impressing everyone at launch and attracting over 272,000 concurrent players on Steam when it released, 343 Industries couldn't keep up the momentum.

Edited by FIREPOWER

remij :laff:

But really though BF2042 is in damn good shape right now. I've been playing it a lot more lately than I expected to. The rotating modes they've been adding like all the Rush variations, Air Superiority, Tank Superiority, etc have been a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

remij :laff:

But really though BF2042 is in damn good shape right now. I've been playing it a lot more lately than I expected to. The rotating modes they've been adding like all the Rush variations, Air Superiority, Tank Superiority, etc have been a lot of fun.

I'm definitely gonna get back into it this weekend. I love playing with Tanks and Tank Superiority sounds ideal for me :aitch:.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I'm definitely gonna get back into it this weekend. I love playing with Tanks and Tank Superiority sounds ideal for me :aitch:.

Its pure mayhem :smoke: 23 tanks per side, fighting over a single control point. You feel like a bad ass when you manage to take out several tanks in a row without dying yourself.

• aitch 1

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!!

bf132.png

STUNNING COMEBACK FOR BF!!

:lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: bmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.png

You god damn clowns :rofls: 

Halo Infinite ABSOLUTELY fucking killed Battlefield and if nothing else, that makes it a success :smoke: 

You know it's pathetic when these clowns keep trying to make weekly "Battlefield is coming back!" threads to try to cope with the fact that they wasted $70 :rofl: 

Every fucking week these dumbasses are trying to push the same narrative and call me out... LOL  meanwhile what have I said about Halo and 343i?  They fucked up and they blew it.

I'll post news if that ever changes.... but you certainly don't see me making a thread every time Halo's player count is higher than Battlefields.... and that's because they're both shit tier and dead right now... and no Twinshit... that isn't changing any time soon.. :hest: 

• Ben 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!!

bf132.png

STUNNING COMEBACK FOR BF!!

:lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl: bmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.pngbmgCZxg.png

You god damn clowns :rofls: 

Halo Infinite ABSOLUTELY fucking killed Battlefield and if nothing else, that makes it a success :smoke: 

You know it's pathetic when these clowns keep trying to make weekly "Battlefield is coming back!" threads to try to cope with the fact that they wasted $70 :rofl: 

Every fucking week these dumbasses are trying to push the same narrative and call me out... LOL  meanwhile what have I said about Halo and 343i?  They fucked up and they blew it.

I'll post news if that ever changes.... but you certainly don't see me making a thread every time Halo's player count is higher than Battlefields.... and that's because they're both shit tier and dead right now... and no Twinshit... that isn't changing any time soon.. :hest: 

Halo fans probably booting up the game and letting it idle so its failure isn't as embarrassing :RISITAS:

• dead 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

2042 's resurgence is a story of redemption

meanwhile Halo Infinite went from being disappointing at launch to being an even bigger disappointment 9 months later :RISITAS:

Still no co-op mode to speak of for Halo Infinite Delay. :omglol:

• Haha 1