KOTOR Remake put “on-hold indefinitely”

Thats unfortunate. I imagine it would be a tough game to remake though, the budget would need to be massive and then you'd have to straddle the line between modernizing it so it appeals to new players but also keeping intact the core aspects that people liked about the original.

• Upvote 1

Definitely sucks. Aspyr was always a weird team to do this project tho. When Valve was pushing native Linux ports, Aspyr was generally worse performing than ports from Feral Interactive's. I didn't think they were set up to take on a game development project this big.

Never had any chance to begin with. I always said KOTOR was a hard game to remake for today's audience and that some no name dev isn't gonna cut it. They can't just give it a new coat of paint and call it a day like let's say Shadow Of The Colossus on PS4 or Demon's Souls on PS5.

You can forget this shit exist and be glad it's never coming out. It would have been a disaster. I mean, has anyone of you ever replayed KOTOR recently?... 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

Never had any chance to begin with. I always said KOTOR was a hard game to remake for today's audience and that some no name dev isn't gonna cut it. They can't just give it a new coat of paint and call it a day like let's say Shadow Of The Colossus on PS4 or Demon's Souls on PS5.

You can forget this shit exist and be glad it's never coming out. It would have been a disaster. I mean, has anyone of you ever replayed KOTOR recently?... 

i have to agree with this. it would be clunky af.

Just now, -GD-X said:

i have to agree with this. it would be clunky af.

I imagine the kids who grew up with Mass Effect having to play the boring and slow ass combat system of KOTOR1 with the D&D dice rolls. 😂

*MISS*

*d12 roll - 4*

*DAVID HIT SITH LORD FOR 4 DAMAGE*

• Haha 2