Playstation.com now has a PC games section

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/pc-games/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-ca%3Aprimary nav%3Amsg-games%3Aplaystation-games-on-pc

What's interesting is if you look at the FAQs, there's the question "Do I need a PSN account to play Playstation games on PC?" and the answer is "No you currently do not need a PSN account...."

Pretty much signals their intentions to bring PSN support to PC.. possibly along with their own launcher in the future I would imagine.  I said a while back Sony will probably wait until they get enough titles out on PC and then introduce PSN, PSN Plus and all that shit to get PC gamers subscribing to them.

I don't know what they'll do to provide enough value for a PSN subscription... but surely they're going to try to get as many PC players as they can subbing.

45 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

A PS launcher would fucking blow. Requiring PSN to play PS games online would also blow. PSN subscription library on Steam would be pretty based.

There's no way in hell they'll require the launcher.  They'll continue to release on Steam/Epic as well if they do make a launcher.

Essentially what MS is doing... except Sony's launcher and store will actually work and function like you'd expect one to.

Basically their store will allow them to do the whole subscription thing.. which is likely what they want it for.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd parties on board too.

42 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's no way in hell they'll require the launcher.  They'll continue to release on Steam/Epic as well if they do make a launcher.

Essentially what MS is doing... except Sony's launcher and store will actually work and function like you'd expect one to.

Basically their store will allow them to do the whole subscription thing.. which is likely what they want it for.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd parties on board too.

MS is getting a pass (lol) because their launcher is mainly a Gamepass front-end. But it is objectively shitty software. It would still be way better if Gamepass just integrated with Steam the way EA Play does.

Every PC publisher needs to get it through their head that Steam is the platform.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

MS is getting a pass (lol) because their launcher is mainly a Gamepass front-end. But it is objectively shitty software. It would still be way better if Gamepass just integrated with Steam the way EA Play does.

Every PC publisher needs to get it through their head that Steam is the platform.

Yep, pretty much lol.

2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Microsoft software is shit? Imagine my shock.

• Ben 1