The Ayaneo Air looks like a better portable gaming PC than the Steam Deck

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's already having buyer's remorse for his Gayaneo Airhead.  

Its his own fault, look at this shit.     "These devices are only for indies" he tells us, then he chooses Days Gone and Cyberpunk as the first games he installs You can't make this

I might be going through a mid life crisis already but I just bought this shit  I've never had one of these devices so I think this would be fun to mess around with, and like I said in the other threa

Posted Images

Twinkie has been living under a rock :freeben:

A month ago you were shitting on the Deck. Now you're swearing off Ayaneo and wanting to try the Deck. Calm it down.

You should ask yourself, what would you actually play on the Deck? Or any device. Then check compatability and game performance.

I mostly play single player games and co-op games, I don't play competitive mp games which are the ones that have anti cheat so Deck compatability is excellent for me. Also I play 99% of games on Steam, and if not then it would be Gog.  Other services were a once in a blue moon thing for me, so again the Deck is a very easy transition. Actually I did do uplay here and there which also runs easy via lutris. The only service I couldnt get to run is Origin but thats the one I never touched so that was a stroke of luck. :drake:

Theres nothing wrong with trying the Deck but I want you to curb your enthusiasm before you get hooked on the idea of getting one. All I know about you is that you love EGS and Battlefield, oh and Gamepass? I don't think the Deck is the device for you.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Twinkie has been living under a rock :freeben:

A month ago you were shitting on the Deck. Now you're swearing off Ayaneo and wanting to try the Deck. Calm it down.

You should ask yourself, what would you actually play on the Deck? Or any device. Then check compatability and game performance.

I mostly play single player games and co-op games, I don't play competitive mp games which are the ones that have anti cheat so Deck compatability is excellent for me. Also I play 99% of games on Steam, and if not then it would be Gog.  Other services were a once in a blue moon thing for me, so again the Deck is a very easy transition. Actually I did do uplay here and there which also runs easy via lutris. The only service I couldnt get to run is Origin but thats the one I never touched so that was a stroke of luck. :drake:

Theres nothing wrong with trying the Deck but I want you to curb your enthusiasm before you get hooked on the idea of getting one. All I know about you is that you love EGS and Battlefield, oh and Gamepass? I don't think the Deck is the device for you.

Im good for now. The Deck is something that I might try somewhere down the line but I Just wanted to put my hands on it to see how it felt and looked in person.

53 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im good for now. The Deck is something that I might try somewhere down the line but I Just wanted to put my hands on it to see how it felt and looked in person.

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Anyway, since we were talking about the Deck, might as well post this here.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves is Deck Verified

Fe-qT14XwAI8hG3?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'm interested in seeing how these games run on the Deck.  Should be pretty good since we know the game supports FSR2.0. 

Cool that they even implemented the Steam Deck controller glyphs into the game.

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The Deck is such a godly device. I love the PS5 but I barely play it since I got the Deck. I'm playing all kinds of games on it, from rocket league to cult of the lamb to halo Infinite. Controls are 1st party console quality and super comfortable.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Gotta give credit to TB, at least he owns up to purchasing mistakes. Some fools here will try to convince you something owns when you know they know it straight up sucks. 

I don't have much use for this type of device so I knew it would be a waste when I bought it. But I still like messing with it to see how different games run and and look.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Gotta give credit to TB, at least he owns up to purchasing mistakes. Some fools here will try to convince you something owns when you know they know it straight up sucks. 

Lemmings in a nutshell. Every 6.0 flop they had was a banger in their eyes.

I still think Twinkie takes the L here because all the shortcomings of the Ayaneo Air were known before he bought it :D a little research goes a long way. Funnily enough if he had stuck to low requirement indie games as he originally stated, and was really looking for a device he could travel with, I think this system would have been ok :shrug: Or at least not as disappointing.