Plague Tale 7.0 from Gayspot |OT|

27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damn, just finished it. I had a feeling the end of one arc was inevitable. I won’t elaborate more, since I don’t want to spoil anything. As for the game, itself, it was an improvement in every way. Naughty Dog has their work cut out for them, since this game has set a new standard for storytelling, elevated by the best acting in gaming - period. Sure, the game isn’t a huge evolution from the first (but the combat is definitely better, with significantly larger battle areas later in the campaign).  Bur who cares? This is a labor of love for the fans. 9.5/10

Spoiler

That ending was a hell of a punch to the gut :mjcry: Much like Amicia and Hugo, you slowly start to feel progressively more hopeless as the game goes on but you still think that after all they have gone through, surely there must be some kind of happy ending in store for them. But nope, Hugo is doomed and thats that.

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yourself, but I didn't find out until after that if you hesitate for too long during that scene Lucas will actually kill Hugo himself.

Also, that post credits scene is interesting. It teases a new carrier for a future game but the sounds give far more away. The clacking of high heels and scribbling on a notepad seem to indicate that the next game will take place in a modern setting.

And how crazy were the rat swarms during those last chapters?

Oh and that final mountain scene was stunning. Just when you think they've done everything they could, they managed to put a bunch of work into a landscape you'll only see for a few minutes. The game really was a labor of love.

• Like 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hid these two pics, since once shows a pretty twisted scene. the other is another example of how diverse the environments can be.  

Some more captures

PC version            

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

That ending was a hell of a punch to the gut :mjcry: Much like Amicia and Hugo, you slowly start to feel progressively more hopeless as the game goes on but you still think that after all they have gone through, surely there must be some kind of happy ending in store for them. But nope, Hugo is doomed and thats that.

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yourself, but I didn't find out until after that if you hesitate for too long during that scene Lucas will actually kill Hugo himself.

Also, that post credits scene is interesting. It teases a new carrier for a future game but the sounds give far more away. The clacking of high heels and scribbling on a notepad seem to indicate that the next game will take place in a modern setting.

And how crazy were the rat swarms during those last chapters?

Oh and that final mountain scene was stunning. Just when you think they've done everything they could, they managed to put a bunch of resources into an landscape you'll only see for a few minutes. The game really was a labor of love.

Spoiler

I killed him. It seemed fitting. And 💯 about every point you made. I felt emotionally rattled and I can’t wait to see what they do with 3! Yes, the visuals were mind-blowing! I took over 100 pics! 

• aitch 1

So the team for this game was only 70 people (first plague tale was 40) but Asobo has 240 employees total (presumably the rest are working on flight simulator and other projects). So in the grand scheme of things this was actually a small side project if you think about it. 

imagine if they actually committed the entire studio or most of it to a single game….it would make the average Sony first party game look like an indie production.

• aitch 1
51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So the team for this game was only 70 people (first plague tale was 40) but Asobo has 240 employees total (presumably the rest are working on flight simulator and other projects). So in the grand scheme of things this was actually a small side project if you think about it. 

imagine if they actually committed the entire studio or most of it to a single game….it would make the average Sony first party game look like an indie production.

Yeah, it felt very big budget!

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Plague Tale 7.0 from Gayspot |OT|
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

1 million players after 2 weeks. A good chunk of those are likely from gamepass subs, but it still sounds like the game has been relatively successful so far

an excellent game :wow2: fuck the critics who weren't paid off.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

1 million players after 2 weeks. A good chunk of those are likely from gamepass subs, but it still sounds like the game has been relatively successful so far

That's great!  Yea the game probably did quite well on Gamepass.