Plague Tale 7.0 from Gayspot |OT|

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

I didn’t play the first one, so far this is okay.. it’s extremely linear and a lot of basic things you can’t do, like walk through bushes.. 7 seems fair so far

I highly recommend playing the first one before this one. Stop now and play Innocence, it is a story driven game.

Also dude, basic things like walking through bushes? :D  is this your first game? :D  games just do shit like that, every game has bs of some sort, we will get there in a few years to get rid of this, also clipping issues and shit 😎

oh also the game pics you guys posted look cool. can't wait to play this

Spoiler

and it was clear from the first game and trailers that the sequel will feature more combat and at first I thought its dumb, but storywise it makes so much sense and I'm excited to see what kind of dark place it enables (espepcially) Amecia to go, not to mention Hugo lol, I expect some gruesome tragedy.

Edited by kaz
  • Like 2
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hid these two pics, since once shows a pretty twisted scene. the other is another example of how diverse the environments can be.  

Some more captures

PC version            

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, kaz said:

I highly recommend playing the first one before this one. Stop now and play Innocence, it is a story driven game.

Also dude, basic things like walking through bushes? :D  is this your first game? :D  games just do shit like that, every game has bs of some sort, we will get there in a few years to get rid of this, also clipping issues and shit 😎

Reveal hidden contents

and it was clear from the first game and trailers that the sequel will feature more combat and at first I thought its dumb, but storywise it makes so much sense and I'm excited to see what kind of dark place it enables (espepcially) Amecia to go, not to mention Hugo lol, I expect some gruesome tragedy.

I agree. He should play the first one. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah, I don’t think requiem would be as good if you’re not already familiar with the characters and have seen their evolution from the first game to this one.

I couldn’t agree more. 

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I couldn’t agree more. 

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah, I don’t think requiem would be as good if you’re not already familiar with the characters and have seen their evolution from the first game to this one.

33 minutes ago, kaz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is this just for story purposes? I don’t really care about the story, just wanna see some cool graphics and gameplay 

24 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Is this just for story purposes? I don’t really care about the story, just wanna see some cool graphics and gameplay 

yeah, the story is actually pretty great. however, if the graphics and gameplay are all you care you about, then the skipping the first is fine.

• Thanks 1

It seems really hard to take a stealthy + non lethal approach during the encounters. Enemies are perceptive and can not only spot you from long distances but also hear you if you're crouching in grass next to them so you kinda have no choice but to take some of them out. But I wonder if thats deliberate given the themes of the story and the characterization of Amicia (her more aggressive tendencies).

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It seems really hard to take a stealthy + non lethal approach during the encounters. Enemies are perceptive and can not only spot you from long distances but also hear you if you're crouching in grass next to them so you kinda have no choice but to take some of them out. But I wonder if thats deliberate given the themes of the story and the characterization of Amicia (her more aggressive tendencies).

probably. i know the devs wanted to explore her survival side, which involves killing.

This was one of my most looked forward to games this year and while I haven't played much, what a letdown so far at least on the technical piece of it.

I think this is the first 30fps game I've played since I got a series x and before that I played most 30fps console games on pc to hit 60. This game feels like absolute trash to play. I had to crank up controller sensitivity to even make it bearable and it's still awful. I have full auto-aim on and turned the difficulty down to the easiest just so I don't have to be concerned about actually needing to use combat to prevent myself from dying.

On top of that while the graphics are great the game looks like shit. The visual clarity loss from 30fps make this look blurry AF, and the lighting seems weird too. I was expecting the game to be a little clunky as the first one was also, but this just feels trash to play.

This game does have good graphics but it's not up there with the best looking 60fps games. I'm kind of at a loss to as why there is no 60fps mode. This game (so far) is not open. It's extremely linear even in the parts that look open. So, I don't see why there is not a 1080p60 option. These guys need to put some more work into it. If they locked to 30 or 40 or whatever because the few instances when there are a fuck ton of rats on the screen, they should have cut down how many rats are on the screen.

Also, the sound quality (while decent) is strange, I have to turn up the volume like 10 clicks higher than any other game or movie etc. to get the same volume. This might not seem like a big deal until I forget about it and switch to another app and its LOUD AF.

Outside of that, the game is good so far. I'm tempted to take the visual hit and play on PC on low at 1080 with DLSS as a few videos I've seen that will get me 60fps at least the majority of the time. 

Blah.

Just now, JonbX said:

This was one of my most looked forward to games this year and while I haven't played much, what a letdown so far at least on the technical piece of it.

I think this is the first 30fps game I've played since I got a series x and before that I played most 30fps console games on pc to hit 60. This game feels like absolute trash to play. I had to crank up controller sensitivity to even make it bearable and it's still awful. I have full auto-aim on and turned the difficulty down to the easiest just so I don't have to be concerned about actually needing to use combat to prevent myself from dying.

On top of that while the graphics are great the game looks like shit. The visual clarity loss from 30fps make this look blurry AF, and the lighting seems weird too. I was expecting the game to be a little clunky as the first one was also, but this just feels trash to play.

This game does have good graphics but it's not up there with the best looking 60fps games. I'm kind of at a loss to as why there is no 60fps mode. This game (so far) is not open. It's extremely linear even in the parts that look open. So, I don't see why there is not a 1080p60 option. These guys need to put some more work into it. If they locked to 30 or 40 or whatever because the few instances when there are a fuck ton of rats on the screen, they should have cut down how many rats are on the screen.

Also, the sound quality (while decent) is strange, I have to turn up the volume like 10 clicks higher than any other game or movie etc. to get the same volume. This might not seem like a big deal until I forget about it and switch to another app and its LOUD AF.

Outside of that, the game is good so far. I'm tempted to take the visual hit and play on PC on low at 1080 with DLSS as a few videos I've seen that will get me 60fps at least the majority of the time. 

Blah.

disable motion blur. it made a huge difference. aside from that, i find it plays fine. it's not the kind of gameplay that benefits much from 60fps. if it was an action game or a twitch-based shooter, i'd agree with you.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

probably. i know the devs wanted to explore her survival side, which involves killing.

I managed to get through 2 encounters in a row without being detected or killing anyone and it was really satisfying. The skill system the game has actually encourages you to mix it up and try it both ways.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

disable motion blur. it made a huge difference. aside from that, i find it plays fine. it's not the kind of gameplay that benefits much from 60fps. if it was an action game or a twitch-based shooter, i'd agree with you.

Anything with aiming or movement benefits from 60fps. Ill try turning off motion blur but im sure it will still feel like shit tho.

4 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Blah.

Like GD said above 30FPS is fine for this type of game. Its a very deliberate action/stealth game where you spend a lot of time crouching around interacting with the environment. 60FPS wouldn't benefit the game and would only hurt the visuals which is one of its best aspects. I expect more devs to target 30FPS especially as they transition away from making cross gen games.

Definitely turn off motion blur. And im not sure if the console version has it as a toggleable option, but Chromatic abberation also adds some blurriness to the visuals. I personally like the effect but you can try to turn it off if you don't.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Like GD said above 30FPS is fine for this type of game. Its a very deliberate action/stealth game where you spend a lot of time crouching around interacting with the environment. 60FPS wouldn't benefit the game and would only hurt the visuals which is one of its best aspects. I expect more devs to target 30FPS especially as they transition away from making cross gen games.

Definitely turn off motion blur. And im not sure if the console version has it as a toggleable option, but Chromatic abberation also adds some blurriness to the visuals. I personally like the effect but you can try to turn it off if you don't.

All games where you physically move a character and attack benefit from 60fps. 60fps would ABSOLUTELY make this game better and the visuals arent good enough to warrant 30fps imo

On series X anytime you pan the camera it stutters too. IDK how yall can say this doesnt feel like shit to control. If that shit dont bother yall consider yourselves lucky cause to me this feels like im playing underwater :mjcry:

Played a bit last night. Up to Chapter 2. Great looking game but so far not really blowing me away. I love linear games but this one so far is truly just fancy hallways filled with so many invisible walls you can go through until an NPC does first. Pretty jarring to return to this type of design since most games have moved far away from them. There is definitely more combat but that was made clear in it's marketing and name. Will play through the whole thing and hopefully gets better but so far it does feel like more of the same (which is fine, just thought there was more room for improvement in a sequel).

10 minutes ago, JonbX said:

On series X anytime you pan the camera it stutters too. IDK how yall can say this doesnt feel like shit to control. If that shit dont bother yall consider yourselves lucky cause to me this feels like im playing underwater :mjcry:

Doesn't the game have a 40fps 120hz mode?  That should provide much more responsive controls.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Doesn't the game have a 40fps 120hz mode?  That should provide much more responsive controls.

I dont have a TV with VRR. And you cannot select that mode. It only works if you have a TV that supports it AFAIK

• Like 1
  • Twinblade★ changed the title to Plague Tale 7.0 from Gayspot |OT|