Silent Hill reveal trailers ITT

Silent Hill f (basically Silent Hill 5?) developer by Neobards Entertainment, who i've never heard of before

Silent Hill 2 remake (from Bloober Team)

Silent Hill Townfall (Adventure game from the studio behind Observation)

SIlent Hill Ascension (some kind of interactive texting game?)

A new movie was also announced

SHf's setting is a nice change, but it could have been a trailer for a new Fatal Frame game too :hehe: 

SH2 looks nice but is such an unnecessary remake

The rest It's impossible to tell, Ascension looks like some interactive MP game that will cater to Twitch slobs

• Like 3
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Gonna be a whole bunch of shit most likely. Bloober Team for the SH2 remakes.....my lord. 

i think they can do job. they know how to nail atmosphere, but suck at creating original content. i think doing a remake is actually a good move for them.

• Sad 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

i think they can do job. they know how to nail atmosphere, but suck at creating original content. i think doing a remake is actually a good move for them.

That's actually a good point. Hopefully taking away the creative element away from them helps, specifically from a game design point of view. Could work out. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

lol looks like a big bargain bin sale to me :D   I'd be excited if they would just leave the IP alone, they bastardized it way too much already

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

There was a rumor that Konami is actually keeping Bloober team on a short leash, and basically not letting them make too many fundamental changes to the remake.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, kaz said:

y'all really hate bloober, huh? :mjcry: 

I feel like one of the few people who actually liked The Medium. Even though it was one of their highest rated games, it was actually the Observer that lowered my opinion of them. That game had so many neat ideas but I just didn't find it enjoyable to play.

I haven't played medium yet and honestly doesn't look too good to me, the gimmick just looks dumb but I will play it eventually.

bloober scripts are amazing, if anything they need more freedom not fiddling with existing material like blair witch or now the silent hill 2 remake. 

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I haven't played medium yet and honestly doesn't look too good to me, the gimmick just looks dumb but I will play it eventually.

bloober scripts are amazing, if anything they need more freedom not fiddling with existing material like blair witch or now the silent hill 2 remake. 

It's pretty trash.  It's a slog to get through. Basically the character moves like molasses and doing certain actions takes forever.. and you're just like.. ok get on with it ffs..

But visually and all that its good stuff.

I think they're a studio that could improve greatly.. there's definitely potential there, but they need the right project to help them break out.  Maybe this is it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's pretty trash.  It's a slog to get through. Basically the character moves like molasses and doing certain actions takes forever.. and you're just like.. ok get on with it ffs..

I think they're a studio that could improve greatly.. there's definitely potential there, but they need the right project to help them break out.  Maybe this is it?

I have a great feeling :wow2:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's as if some of you guys never played any of their games :D   They already had their "break out" with layers of fear and observer, hell even the blair witch adaption was actually pretty good. 

They are very talented at writing stories, their games are paced well, their voice acting choices (especially in layers of fear 2) are perfect.... :ben: 

I like em and I want more of their creativity not reworking a finished game again  😪

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, kaz said:

It's as if some of you guys never played any of their games :D   They already had their "break out" with layers of fear and observer, hell even the blair witch adaption was actually pretty good. 

They are very talented at writing stories, their games are paced well, their voice acting choices (especially in layers of fear 2) are perfect.... :ben: 

I like em and I want more of their creativity not reworking a finished game again  😪

I've played them.  Both of those games are very different from The Medium.. which is what I was referring to.

Have you played it yet?