Microsoft: "Playstation is ahead in all relevant metrics" (TLHBFR!!!!)

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/89000/microsoft-gives-xbox-console-installed-base-numbers/index.html

FfcmRwpXwAARTsh.thumb.jpg.f7f77a4f71bfa378bd4adabbe02fd9f0.jpg

:mj:  TLHBFR!

:drake: After all these years of hiding their install base numbers MS finally admit that LBox is too far behind. Lemshits have been trying to tell us otherwise for a long time

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I'll have to search but towards the end of the gen they scraped past 50 million. 

Hmm.. well if it's not from MS, then it might not be 100% accurate. 

Anyway, that number is up to the end of 2021.. so it's probably close enough.  Series consoles should be over 15M by now then easily.

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

Hmm.. well if it's not from MS, then it might not be 100% accurate. 

Anyway, that number is up to the end of 2021.. so it's probably close enough.  Series consoles should be over 15M by now then easily.

That's not how POS sales work.   MS will have official shipped to retailer numbers. 

POS numbers on the other hand come from the retailers and POS trackers who provide that data to MS/Nintendo/Sony for a huge sum of money. 

MS chose to stop releasing those numbers they received from POS trackers and requested the trackers to stop releasing their numbers publicly.  They obliged because MS is their customer and not us the public. 

From time to time the numbers leak when industry analysts are doing market analysis based on the official numbers from the POS sale trackers. 

Point is official sales numbers originate from outside of the manufacturer. 

Edited by Goukosan
32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's not how POS sales work.   MS will have official shipped to retailer numbers. 

POS numbers on the other hand come from the retailers and POS trackers who provide that data to MS/Nintendo/Sony for a huge sum of money. 

MS chose to stop releasing those numbers they received from POS trackers and requested the trackers to stop releasing their numbers publicly.  They obliged because MS is their customer and not us the public. 

From time to time the numbers leak when industry analysts are doing market analysis based on the official numbers from the POS sale trackers. 

Point is official sales numbers originate from outside of the manufacturer. 

Annnnd where are the numbers?

49 minutes ago, ghostz said:

In 2021 they it was barely at 43 lol

It's was 41 million at the end of 2018.

Jan 2019 - Zhugex. 

"Xbox One had a good year all things considered. Hardware was up YoY thanks to the release of the Xbox One X. Software remains healthy and I really need to stress how large the digital shares are on Xbox compared to other platforms. Global installed base now around 41m."

• Upvote 1

wait a minute, did microsoft just say that PC isn't a "relevant metric"?

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

"please let us buy major publishers to prevent Sony from getting its games........we need to because we suck so much compared to Sony"

-Phil Spencer

For once, I agree with something he says:drake:

• Haha 1

The numbers I had always been saying about the Xbox One base have always made perfect logical sense, even though today.

Idiots like Dynocrap were saying "NAH, its over 50 million, easy" back in 2018/2019.........I easily called bullshit on that.

It always looked like it was about 40 million console units, and I said that alot of those are instances of pathetic lemmings buying an XBox One 2013 or Xbox One S, and then a chunk of them turn around and buy an Xbox One X.

So the actual "active" users was probably around 25 to 30 million people.

Do you know what other Microsoft product is currently within that range?

GamePass. It perfectly aligns up with that.

I think Xbox GamePass users are roughly 13-15 million new Xbox Series owners, I mean if you BOUGHT A NEW XBOX from November 2020 onwards, 100% of all of those people would've been gamepass subscribers, or else why would even buy the hardware?

I'd say that there's still some remaining 3 to 8 million Xbox GamePass subscribers that are still using last-generation Xbox One hardware.

And that leaves us with LESS THAN TEN MILLION people on PC that are subscribed to PC GamePass.

Think about how pathetic it is that Microsoft can't convince more than 10 million PC owners to sign up for a measly $5 subscription service.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

wait a minute, did microsoft just say that PC isn't a "relevant metric"?

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

"please let us buy major publishers to prevent Sony from getting its games........we need to because we suck so much compared to Sony"

-Phil Spencer

For once, I agree with something he says:drake:

They're clearly comparing the consoles specifically...

4 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Instead of buying up the biggest publishers in the game, get out of the game.

This is Microsoft that we're talking about.

They practically invented the idea of "if you can't beat them, buy them out" during the 90's.