God of War Ragnarok previews are starting to drop

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2022/10/21/spoiler-free-impressions-from-the-first-five-hours

https://www.eurogamer.net/god-of-war-ragnarok-feels-like-everything-youd-expect-but-is-there-more

Game will also have all the graphics modes you'd expect 

unknown.png

Sounding like it's going to be better than the original in every way. :whew: 

• aitch 1

The game looks a lot like its predecessor, which is not a bad thing but hardly the most exciting thing ever too. I'm not talking graphics either, although I guess someone could make that point as well.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The game looks a lot like its predecessor, which is not a bad thing but hardly the most exciting thing ever too. I'm not talking graphics either, although I guess someone could make that point as well.

It's true.  It looks like an expansion for the first game, at least visually... which is essentially what it is.  

I don't even say that as a bad thing.  This is supposed to be one cohesive arc, and I think having it be visually similar to the first one is actually a good thing.  It's still stunningly beautiful and will be one of the best looking games with the best presentation.

As for the gameplay itself.. it looks expanded upon, while similar.  Maybe not as different as some would hope, but for me, I'm excited because I loved the first game's combat.

I'm just excited for the story too.  Can't wait to see where they go with it.

They are going to be tight lipped on anything substantially changed either way. They never revealed it was an open hub or had changeable outfits and builds in 2018 until reviews. And pre release reviews weren't allowed to mention much on details on the other realms or the blades