57 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Yeah I can’t play this game. Tried again and feel like I’m gonna puke 🤢 

I played through the first hour or so and had no problems. Im not sure how I feel about the game so far, its weird and different which I appreciate but I have mixed feelings about the humor.

What I do like is that your gun speaks A LOT, including making observations about the environment and giving you hints about how to proceed and the game just straight up gives you an option to reduce that chatter. But somehow GoW couldn't implement something like that....

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I played through the first hour or so and had no problems. Im not sure how I feel about the game so far, its weird and different which I appreciate but I have mixed feelings about the humor.

What I do like is that your gun speaks A LOT, including making observations about the environment and giving you hints about how to proceed and the game just straight up gives you an option to reduce that chatter. But somehow GoW couldn't implement something like that....

I had a moment where I was sprinting from point a to b just to get some progress and my gun said something along the lines of “yeaaaaah let’s just run every fucking where and not look at any shit along the way!” Which made me laugh. 

This game....is actually good :ben: The humor is a mixed bag but its got its charm and there's a fair amount of clever and charming moments within the levels.

Also the production values are shockingly good, the world I just got back from looked like a cartoony version of Cyberpunk.

Id say the comedy is 90% cringe and 10% funny. 

FPS mechanics wise it honestly feels like an early 2000s Serious Sam game (not a compliment imo) and the level design is incredibly average. 

I like the art style though and the world and setting is unique enough to warrant what is supposed to be a fairly short playthrough. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Id say the comedy is 90% cringe and 10% funny. 

FPS mechanics wise it honestly feels like an early 2000s Serious Sam game (not a compliment imo) and the level design is incredibly average. 

I like the art style though and the world and setting is unique enough to warrant what is supposed to be a fairly short playthrough. 

The gameplay mechanics aren't exceptional but it does open up a bit as you get more guns. The more I've played the more enjoyable the shooting has gotten because its not as barebones as it was at the beginning.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The gameplay mechanics aren't exceptional but it does open up a bit as you get more guns. The more I've played the more enjoyable the shooting has gotten because its not as barebones as it was at the beginning.

That's good to hear.

I've just gotten my second gun and let me tell you, having Leon from Curb endlessly talk to me isn't the worst thing in the world. Big upgrade from the first gun and Knifey. 

• Haha 1

Just finished it. Ending was pretty climatic, but I actually enjoyed this game quite a bit more than I thought I would :] It manages to get a lot of mileage out of how excessively dumb and random it is, and even though the humor often wasn't really my thing I still found the dialogue to be charming and well voiced. The banter between the guns, especially towards the end was the highlight of the dialogue I think. There's some genuinely funny and likeable stuff here.

The shooting is fine but its essentially Halo-lite. I think the traversal and platforming was actually my favorite part of the gameplay, I would have liked to see a bit more of a focus on that stuff.

Anyway its a good game and If I were to rate it i'd give it a 7.0 or 7.5

On 2022-12-14 at 12:31 PM, -GD-X said:

i could never get into rick and morty.

Neither could I. The few times I've tried to watch it and I'm just staring at my screen with my head tilted thinking, "This is suppose to be funny, right?" 

• Haha 1