PS5 struggles to hit 30 FPS on RT Mode for the Witcher, Longer load times than SX (Full DF analyst inside)

• a 4.02 patch will improve performance, whenever it drops
  • series s will be its own video
  • foliage, skyboxes, weather, and more improved
  • performance mode
    • 1080p-2160p with FSR2.1
    • series x runs at a higher average res
    • most areas are 60fps, except for cities
    • ps5 is higher fps in cities like novigrad
    • drops seems sporadic, multiple runs through the city vary between locked 60 or not
    • series x has screen tearing
    • in combat, series x has a locked 60, ps5 has drops
    • 92ms response time
  • ray tracing mode
    • big changes in some areas like cities, more muted changes in places more natural
    • RTAO and RTGI
    • RTAO is more noticeable in the natural environment and interiors, all where light doesn't directly hit
    • RTGI bounces light and diffuse color more accurately
    • reflections aren't ray traced, but have a better screen space reflections
      • more objects get reflections as well
    • having RT shadows and reflections in addition to what's here, is a lot; GI and AO was deemed more influential to the look of the game
    • 1080p-1440p with FSR2.1
    • on ps5, not locked to 30fps, can sustain 25fps at times
    • ps4p can run more consistently
    • series x hits 30fps in almost every case, except cities like novigrad
    • 157ms response time
  • foliage and shadow draw distance is further out on ps5
  • buggy, can crash to home page
  • loading is fast, 13s (sx)/16s (ps5) vs 1:35 on ps4p

Edited by ghostz
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

30 FPS of a blurry mess :D your retarded logic is amusing  :D 

Not my logic, it’s DFs. 

Overall, Saber and CDPR hit an impressive bar of quality here. Clearly, performance can vary, but on balance it holds 30ps more often than I expected. The Witcher 3 Complete Edition pruned back everything it can to be playable, while still somehow retaining a lot of its best visual features. Graphical points like reflections, light shafts, water physics, and even a high NPC count are incredible to see on a handheld. 

This is close to perfection.

You’re gonna have to take it up with them. :banderoos:

So on one hand lemmings are laughing at Cows playing 2022 PS4 games, but at the same time they're bragging about a 7 year old game running better om Xbox. I guess this is what you're playing then? since xbox has absolutely nothing else this year.

• dead 1
39 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

So on one hand lemmings are laughing at Cows playing 2022 PS4 games, but at the same time they're bragging about a 7 year old game running better om Xbox. I guess this is what you're playing then? since xbox has absolutely nothing else this year.

No, I’m not playing it. Jesus you’re mad though, I was just pointing out PS5 can’t even run this at 30 FPS. :D 

:sabu: @ trying to play this game with RT on consoles. It's an L any way you look at it considering the performance you get and how low quality the RT on consoles is. Best thing to do is play it with performance mode.

The game barely runs well on powerful rigs with full RT On.

:sabu: Even more hilarious when this thread is coming from a Sheep that plays Witcher 3 at 360p on his Potato Switch.

Epic thread backfire :moto:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 1
25 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:sabu: @ trying to play this game with RT on consoles. It's an L any way you look at it considering the performance you get and how low quality the RT on consoles is. Best thing to do is play it with performance mode.

The game barely runs well on powerful rigs with full RT On.

:sabu: Even more hilarious when this thread is coming from a Sheep that plays Witcher 3 at 360p on his Potato Switch.

Epic thread backfire :moto:

I don’t play Witcher 3 in 2022 on any platform, but if I did, it would go in this order: PC, Series X, PS4 Pro, Switch,… then PS5.