Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2022 - #1 Horizon Forbidden West, #2 The Callisto Protocol, #3 Portal RTX

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Nah dude you got it backwards.

YOUR the one receiving Unreal Engine cookie cutter low-dollar shit.

Your games are assembled, Lego-Style.

And Epic Games is the one who sells the Lego Pieces to 95% of all PC developers.

Every single "innovative" indie PC game of the past decade, like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the first thing that comes to my mind is "yeah, they made it first-person, because the developer can't make your main character animate well. And usually a walking simulator."

Just because they're using UE4 doesn't mean they're not building any new assets from scratch. This is a dumb. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most forgotten hyped game made a big impression actually.

Steam's most popular GPU in 2022 was a 1650.

Back to back years of a PS5 game winning best graphics over Xbox and PC.    The Xbox tools still aren't mature yet it seems..still stuck in infancy 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Just because they're using UE4 doesn't mean they're not building any new assets from scratch. This is a dumb. 

that's about as far as they get, einstein.

making the character model.

where does that put them, the level of 3D gaming design proficiency?......circa 2003?

Hell can any PC developer develop character animation on the level of Ubisoft's Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. Or a character reloading a gun on the level of RE4 from January 2005?

I just inadvertently explained why Ghostrunner was designed in the first-person.

Edited by jehurey
5 hours ago, Ramza said:

I personally don't care that PC developers aren't making the typical 200 million dollars, cookie cutter, open world, third person action games. 

PC gamers can always buy Ubisoft trash day one if they crave the modern AAA experience. Lmao.

Peace. 

Comparing Sony’s open world games to Ubisoft trash is the typical PCMR clown schtick. You guys need to drop that shit. It got old the first time you guys used it back in 2017. Ubisoft’s open world games wish they were like Sony’s games, they are completely outclassed by the likes of HFW and Ghost of Tsushima.

If they were like Sony’s games I’d probably buy them new instead of only playing them when they come free with a service like PS Plus. I haven’t played an Assassin’s Creed game I truly enjoyed since Black Flag. Far Cry, Watch Dogs and The Division games put me to sleep too.

The only thing Sony’s games and Ubisoft games have in common is their 3rd person perspective and the fact that they also like making action-adventure games. Their games are typically the bootleg versions of Sony’s major AAA games IMO.

Edited by FIREPOWER
5 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Comparing Sony’s open world games to Ubisoft trash is the typical PCMR clown schtick. You guys need to drop that shit. It got old the first time you guys used it back in 2017. Ubisoft’s open world games wish they were like Sony’s games, they are completely outclassed by the likes of HFW and Ghost of Tsushima.

If they were like Sony’s games I’d probably buy them new instead of only playing them when they come free with a service like PS Plus. I haven’t played an Assassin’s Creed game I truly enjoyed since Black Flag. Far Cry, Watch Dogs and The Division games put me to sleep too.

The only thing Sony’s games and Ubisoft games have in common is their 3rd person perspective and the fact that they also like making action-adventure games. Their games are typically the bootleg versions of Sony’s major AAA games IMO.

You just named two Sony open world games using the Ubisoft template. 

Now sure, I'd play Horizon/Ghost over Ass Creed/Far Cry any day of the week but they're not that different and should please the typical fan of these games. I am not, which was my the point. 

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

that's about as far as they get, einstein.

making the character model.

where does that put them, the level of 3D gaming design proficiency?......circa 2003?

Hell can any PC developer develop character animation on the level of Ubisoft's Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. Or a character reloading a gun on the level of RE4 from January 2005?

I just inadvertently explained why Ghostrunner was designed in the first-person.

Yeah they are no animators working outside of Sony. Jerry and his fantasy world. :kaz: 

Indie games aren't animated he says. :D