Several major devs leave Playground Games to form new AAA multiplat studio (TLHBFR)

:hest: They got tired of making copy-paste Flopza games on repeat for Microsoft and decided to jump ship.

MS had them on that treadmill pumping out Flopza games every 2 years, they got tired of that shit. I don't blame them for leaving.

Sony lets their devs try out new things. GG went from pumping out Killzone games to doing Horizon. Sucker Punch went from Sly Cooper to Infamous to Ghost of Tsushima. Naughty Dog went from Crash to Jak and Daxter to Uncharted and TLOU. Insomniac went from R&C games to Resistance  and now Spiderman and Wolverine. It keeps their devs happy when they don't have to be stuck to one IP for their entire existence. 

I know MS is letting Playground work now on Fable but they are having development problems since they are being forced to use an in-house engine according to rumors. They are also working on an old MS IP that probably isn't their first choice to work with. I feel bad for these devs that they are stuck to an unoriginal shitty company like MS. If they were with Sony they'd be making something that they really wanna make instead of Fable.

E7C7F364-B926-40E3-BC68-6DA3DA335FE5.jpeg.0701b11b6631b7ce8d788e82501cf535.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They got tired of making copy-paste Flopza games on repeat for Microsoft and decided to jump ship.   MS had them on that treadmill pumping out Flopza games every 2 years, they got tired of t

Good riddance. MS doesn't have control over creative limitations. It's the dev's actual control and based over the last two games, the franchise has been going down the shitter.

Microsoft has found some way to actually MISMANAGE and disenfranchise employees from their best, and most consistent studio.   They overworked them on something that they don't think is wort

Posted Images

Damn, he was so butt hurt about me pointing out that there have been 4 Spider-Man games in 5 years he had to make a whole new thread. :D 

Also, no where in that link do the developers say Forza is copy and paste. They said it was a thrill to work on and Playgrounds is a fun place to work. :banderoos:

Also #2, not one of those people are developers. God damn thread backfire. :D 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
5 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Damn, he was so butt hurt about me pointing out that there have been 4 Spider-Man games in 5 years he had to make a whole new thread. :D 

Bro, you got completely anally destroyed in the last thread.

You made zero points and made a retard of yourself :mj:

I'm just reporting the news, as this is something newsworthy to report. Stop making this about your owned self :freeman:

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Bro, you got completely anally destroyed in the last thread.

You made zero points and made a retard of yourself :mj:

I'm just reporting the news, as this is something newsworthy to report. Stop making this about your owned self :freeman:

No, you had a complete meltdown after I pointed out there were 4 Spider-Man games in 5 years. You literally posted the exact tweet in that thread, got owned, and abandoned it. 

It won’t get any better in this thread for you, either. :umad:

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

No, you had a complete meltdown after I pointed out there were 4 Spider-Man games in 5 years. You literally posted the exact tweet in that thread, got owned, and abandoned it. 

It won’t get any better in this thread for you, either. :umad:

I had a meltdown?

That's rich coming from the clown that has more than 10 posts arguing with everyone in the last thread :hest:

No dude, you had the biggest meltdown ever and made a total ass of yourself in that thread. A majority of the posts in that thread were from you crying your eyes out just like a majority of the posts in this thread are about to be from you having another meltdown  :mj:

EA24EAC9-51C6-4AA6-9542-F86885F45F78.thumb.jpeg.147cbdba92072bcb4354a44df64831d1.jpeg

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

I had a meltdown?

That's rich coming from the clown that has more than 10 posts arguing with everyone in the last thread :hest:

No dude, you had the biggest meltdown ever and made a total ass of yourself in that thread. A majority of the posts in that thread were from you crying your eyes out just like a majority of the posts in this thread are about to be from you having another meltdown  :mj:

EA24EAC9-51C6-4AA6-9542-F86885F45F78.thumb.jpeg.147cbdba92072bcb4354a44df64831d1.jpeg

sWPNmV5.jpg

posted the tweet, got owned, abandoned the thread and made a new one. 

this one will be even worse, for you. :umad:

Was just about to post this. 

On the announcement they said

"We are going to build a team where we really encourage them to take creative risks"

They were tired of making the same Forza games every year for over 7 years so they left to make a studio where they can take creative risks with new projects. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/playground-games-leaders-form-new-aaa-studio-maverick-games

Massive lemming ownage. 

• dead 1
1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

sWPNmV5.jpg

posted the tweet, got owned, abandoned the thread and made a new one. 

this one will be even worse, for you. :umad:

What are the 4 Spiderman games? List them out so I can laugh at your retarded ass :hest:

Sony has launched.... 

Spiderman 2018

Spiderman Miles Morales

:mj: In 2023 they are about to launch Spiderman 2. Where are you getting 4 Spiderman games from?  

Ghostz the retard can't count :mroff:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Was just about to post this. 

On the announcement they said

"We are going to build a team where we really encourage them to take creative risks"

They were tired of making the same Forza games every year for over 7 years so they left to make a studio where they can take creative risks with new projects. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/playground-games-leaders-form-new-aaa-studio-maverick-games

Massive lemming ownage. 

Even the Playground devs are saying they need to take creative risks and are tired of rehashing Flopza.

:fatcruise: Why is Gh0stz the retard in here still defending flopza rehashes?

6F25424E-035E-4134-8929-4FC7EBB000F7.thumb.jpeg.39837ec6be00aa346630e251cd9162e5.jpeg

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

What are the 4 Spiderman games? List them out so I can laugh at your retarded ass :hest:

Sony has launched.... 

Spiderman 2018

Spiderman Miles Morales

:mj: In 2023 they are about to launch Spiderman 2. Where are you getting 4 Spiderman games from?  

Ghostz the retard can't count :mroff:

You must be forgetting about the time they remastered a two year old game. :tom:

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

You must be forgetting about the time they remastered a two year old game. :tom:

A remaster for a newer console isn't a new game you retard. It's the same game you retard, and you can't even get it separately without buying Miles Morales.

Again, you keep embarrassing yourself everywhere you post :hest:

Even the Playground devs are saying they need to take creative risks and are tired of rehashing Flopza.

:fatcruise: Why is Gh0stz the retard in here still defending flopza rehashes?

6F25424E-035E-4134-8929-4FC7EBB000F7.thumb.jpeg.39837ec6be00aa346630e251cd9162e5.jpeg

Except they’re not developers. They were directors. they haven’t made anything. :umad:

A remaster for a newer console isn't a new game you retard. It's the same game you retard, and you can't even get it separately without buying Miles Morales.

Again, you keep embarrassing yourself everywhere you post :hest:

Oh it counts, sunshine. 4 games, 5 years. They even charged $20 for those who didn’t get MM ultimate to play it. 

meanwhile forza horizon has had 2 games in 5 years, and one Motorsport game. 

now, tell me what’s more rehashed. :drake: You even said they’re releasing the same game multiple times, in your own post. :cruise:

He's really losing it in this thread :fatcruise:

:mj: The devs with their own mouths have said they've been making Flopza games for 10 years and they now want to try something new so they left MS, and we have gh0stz the retarded MS defense lawyer in here damage controlling the news....

2E34DFE4-B742-441E-9BB7-0DE64D0A3FDB.thumb.jpeg.f97c21420e5232cff0dada37fa8a3327.jpeg

And it is working on an open-world premium AAA game for consoles and PC.

playground is literally struggling to make a AAA fable game as we speak, and these devs peace'd out to make the same type of game for ps5 instead :hest:

• Haha 1

so wait a minute.

literally LESS THAN 24 hours after Rent-A-Center claimed that Forza games aren't rehashes..................ACTUAL FORZA DEVELOPERS quit and admit that their games were rehashes this entire time.

:hest:its almost as if the universe bends to make him be completely wrong.

• Haha 1