What gaming media do you PAY for?

I just subbed to Kinda Funny's Patreon. The last few weeks, they've been dominating my work background listening. The sheer volume of content and variety of ppl I don't find annoying is unmatched. They were talking about layoffs at other outlets and how they're struggling to keep sponsors. So I figured Id actually pay.

Are you paying for any of this stuff?

Edited by sugarhigh

I still subscribe to giantbomb premium but the site is a shadow of its former shelf and I’m really considering cancelling my sub.

Despite the recent lay offs they still want to hop on the bandwagon and avoid any coverage of Hogwarts Legacy eventhough it’s one of the biggest games of the year. It’s actually baffling that they’d rather virtue signal and be woke even if it risks putting the site in a worse position financially….

• sugarhigh changed the title to What gaming media do you PAY for?
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I still subscribe to giantbomb premium but the site is a shadow of its former shelf and I’m really considering cancelling my sub.

Despite the recent lay offs they still want to hop on the bandwagon and avoid any coverage of Hogwarts Legacy eventhough it’s one of the biggest games of the year. It’s actually baffling that they’d rather virtue signal and be woke even if it risks putting the site in a worse position financially….

It's wild that Giant Bomb still exists tbh. It wasn't even a great review/news site at its best. I only paid attention for the videos/podcasts. Practically all those people (and Alex was already super annoying) moved on.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

It's wild that Giant Bomb still exists tbh. It wasn't even a great review/news site at its best. I only paid attention for the videos/podcasts. Practically all those people (and Alex was already super annoying) moved on.

Jeff G made an interesting comment the other day. He basically said that right before Ryan died the site was on track to shut down within the year. It seems that his death managed to revive it and make it somewhat profitable.

With such a distinct lack of interesting personalities nowadays I definitely don't see them lasting much longer. Dan Ryckert is the main reason im still tuning in.