Is buying a Switch Lite really a bad idea?

14 hours ago, Ramza said:

@Saucer

I couldn't trade my old games for a new platform. Only used ones, so my plan for getting a Switch Lite has failed. I think life is trying to send me a message. :happysad: 

I did get some interesting stuff though.

Strider (NES, cartridge only)

Trojan (NES, cartridge only) *never heard of it but I saw the Capcom logo and bought it.

Bad Dudes (NES, cartridge only)

WCW/NWO Revenge (N64, great condition for the box and complete with manual)

Chrono Cross (PS1, cracked box but everything else is great, I'll just replace it, easy profit)

Sairento VR (PSVR, new and sealed)

Meta Knight Amiibo (it was cheap) 

I could do this every day.

Is this GameStop? That company needs to die. I know it's a hassle but if you have valuable games you should sell them on eBay. You'll get so much more money.

I hate to say this but Trojan NES is the worst Capcom game ever made. :D I bought it when I was a kid, finished it under an hour, and felt so ripped off.  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Launch models are more susceptible to the drift... Since I got mine fixed by Nintendo for free about 4 years ago... It has not had the drift issue again.    Yes a successor is coming out soo

Just for fun. I had no plan on picking up NES games, it just sort of happened on a whim. The stickers on the cartridges were in great condition and the games were cheap, I'm not going to make money fr

Also, STEAM is an unreliable piece of trash. I always have issues with it, like my achievements being bugged out and not showing. I don't trust it anymore and I now think putting all my eggs in the sa

I was thinking of getting a Lite when it dropped a few years ago but I always thought about playing with my fam and friends. My niece rn has no console whatsoever even though my bro in law is a doto fan and pc gamer and my sister always played some ninty games like mario kart, harvest moon or sims etc. like a mild gamer.

I probably will give her the new switch when it releases, buy two, so we can play games online together. Kinda looking forward to it, I would give her a PS or better yet a gamey PC but I think ninty is best for a kid :mjgrin: TSHBFK :tom:

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Is this GameStop? That company needs to die. I know it's a hassle but if you have valuable games you should sell them on eBay. You'll get so much more money.

I hate to say this but Trojan NES is the worst Capcom game ever made. :D I bought it when I was a kid, finished it under an hour, and felt so ripped off.  

Not it's not. Local store with a lot of amazing rare stuff. Almost everything they sell is rather overpriced though. If you're looking to make fast money by buying and reselling instantly, it's not the best place.

I'm gonna scout some of the local pawn shops next week. See if I can find some hidden gems. 

I already sell stuff on Ebay all the time. I took those games because they were of lower value or damaged enough that I didn't think I would get a good price on Ebay or sell them fast enough, I don't want to have to relist them all the time until a buyer comes in.

I wrote down the average value I think I would have gotten out of Ebay and waited for her to give me a price before accepting to trade them. Granted it was always under market value but it was still pretty decent. There are two games that I said no to. 

Good. :D It cost me less than 10$. It's fine, I just wanted some weird NES games.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Not it's not. Local store with a lot of amazing rare stuff. Almost everything they sell is rather overpriced though. If you're looking to make fast money by buying and reselling instantly, it's not the best place.

I'm gonna scout some of the local pawn shops next week. See if I can find some hidden gems. 

I already sell stuff on Ebay all the time. I took those games because they were of lower value or damaged enough that I didn't think I would get a good price on Ebay or sell them fast enough, I don't want to have to relist them all the time until a buyer comes in.

I wrote down the average value I think I would have gotten out of Ebay and waited for her to give me a price before accepting to trade them. Granted it was always under market value but it was still pretty decent. There are two games that I said no to. 

Good. :D It cost me less than 10$. It's fine, I just wanted some weird NES games.

You still have a working NES or you bought those games to resell? 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You still have a working NES or you bought those games to resell? 

Just for fun. I had no plan on picking up NES games, it just sort of happened on a whim. The stickers on the cartridges were in great condition and the games were cheap, I'm not going to make money from them, not without the boxes anyway.

I plan on buying old systems (NES, SNES, N64) and a CRTV eventually. Gonna have one of those nerdy ass collector room by the end of this year. The kind that makes a woman pussy as dry as the Sahara desert. 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Ramza said:

I would never care of flipping a coin as much lmfao. I'm too lazy to even steam microing, when you entered the hermit game I was confused when you said you sell shit on the marketplace. I know it ramps up but I wouldn't waste my time with pennies.

I got some pretty valuable skins though by playing thousands of hours of csgo or doto. (doto I also invested in and won't sell anything) but csgo skins is some hidden income really. I think that one deagle skin I have can sell up to 500€  It's insane. 

edit: I understand it's not about money for you either

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

I would never care of flipping a coin as much lmfao. I'm too lazy to even steam microing, when you entered the hermit game I was confused when you said you sell shit on the marketplace. I know it ramps up but I wouldn't waste my time with pennies.

I got some pretty valuable skins though by playing thousands of hours of csgo or doto. (doto I also invested in and won't sell anything) but csgo skins is some hidden income really. I think that one deagle skin I have can sell up to 500€  It's insane. 

Haha, but selling steam trading cards is easy and fast when you know what you're doing. It takes me less than 2 minutes to craft a pack and sell the cards. Granted I make like 50 cents/one dollar but it takes no effort. 

I can guarantee you one thing though, selling vintage games can be really lucrative. A game that costed you 30$ might be worth 130$ in just a few years. Like my MvC3 PS4 copy right now. Just because it was a Gamestop exclusive. I almost bought two copies at the time... and I should have. This baby is worth 200$ sealed. (Canadian dollars)

I know I almost started playing CSGO just to sell stuff. Haha.

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Haha, but selling steam trading cards is easy and fast when you know what you're doing. It takes me less than 2 minutes to craft a pack and sell the cards. Granted I make like 50 cents/one dollar but it takes no effort. 

I can guarantee you one thing though, selling vintage games can be really lucrative. A game that costed you 30$ might be worth 130$ in just a few years. Like my MvC3 PS4 copy right now. Just because it was a Gamestop exclusive. I almost bought two copies at the time... and I should have. This baby is worth 200$ sealed. (Canadian dollars)

I know I almost started playing CSGO just to sell stuff. Haha.

I understand some goodies are worth a dime years or decades later. But selling pennies on steam is a waste of time. And let me tell you: I play CSGO because I grew up with it and am a pro player :D  I love this game just like doto. And in thousand of hours I only got this one rare skin, so if you don't like the game don't play it for a random drop. 

Steam market is weird to me, I never bothered with it. I make money otherwise 😃

Edited by kaz
12 minutes ago, kaz said:

I understand some goodies are worth a dime years or decades later. But selling pennies on steam is a waste of time. And let me tell you: I play CSGO because I grew up with it and am a pro player :D  I love this game just like doto. And in thousand of hours I only got this one rare skin, so if you don't like the game don't play it for a random drop. 

Steam market is weird to me, I never bothered with it. I make money otherwise 😃

I like easy money. I get cheap games for free with the steam market, not a bad deal all things considered. Better than getting nothing.