DF reviews PSVR2, tells Cows thinking of buying “to use caution”

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already damage controlling like a bitch.   Watch it end up getting more games in 2023 than the Potato Series L consoles have gotten the entire gen    PSVR2 is getting glowing revie

Can't wait.  

RE8 is going to be glorious.

Posted Images

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

you literally just proved me right. 

Nope. I told him the conditions of the thread.

And he said that he is fine with that.

You didn't prove anything................except YOU DUCKING

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

You know how to get me to accept

Actually, all we know is that you are ducking.

You can't even enforce Cell's anything, until you answer the yes or No question.

SO....................YOU. ARE. 100%. DUCKING IN ALL SCENARIOS

4 hours ago, JonbX said:

VR still is a novelty and always will be. The list of games you bring up prove just that.

That makes no sense. Resident Evil and Gran Turismo are novelties? Ok, if you say so. 

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That makes no sense. Resident Evil and Gran Turismo are novelties? Ok, if you say so. 

This is the what will be the difference-maker for PSVR2

the goal here is to benefit TWO things at the same time.

1.) How to get real developers, like real ones backed by real publishers, to make VR games

2.) How to save AA-level retail games. Or how to simply give consumer a reason to pay full price for retail games

PSVR2 will help traditional AA-level games help become VR games. And they will help those games have more value.

Let's say a game cost X amount of dollars to develop for the PS5. Well, developing it for the PS5 and then adding a VR mode for PSVR2 will likely add less than 10% to their existing development budget.

No need to re-configure the graphics. PSVR2 pretty much can match the same graphics that you developed for PS5, running at 90/120Hz in the headset.

Far Cry 7. Most people would wait for the game to go on sale. But Far Cry 7 fully playable in VR? That's a more interesting game.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

To me, the main thing I got from them saying that there's a Horizon Forbidden West standalone DLC for PSVR2 was Sony saying: "this game, that many consider to be the current benchmark for PS5's graphical power......this is what we are saying you can do on PSVR2, at 90fps in the headset. Same graphical quality."

Did I honestly expect Sony and Guerilla Games to re-invent VR gameplay and have it reach new levels of immersion (outside of graphics)? No.

It's not even Guerilla. Its Firesprite, kind of a PS support studio. They did a midshelf fps called The Persistence. Some members came from PS Liverpool, possibly having worked on Wipeout.

5 hours ago, JonbX said:

VR still is a novelty and always will be. The list of games you bring up prove just that.

VR has improved so much in the last 10 years I don't know how you could bet against it. Even if it never replaces flat gaming, VR will inevitably be a big part of how we use computers in the next 15 years.

• Upvote 1