What's the point of hobopass why not just pirate on PC?

I pirate all their games on PC cause I see no difference or value in renting shit. The Fuck is the difference between a rental or a torrent.It's basically a paid torrent but with a torrent I can play any time without a rental period running out.

If you're such a cheap ass that doesn't buy games might as well go the full distance and pirate at this point. If sony adopted hobopass and steam day 1 I'd pirate all their devalued worthless shit as well..

What's the point of paying for any of this.

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I pirate all their games on PC cause I see no difference or value in renting shit. The Fuck is the difference between a rental or a torrent.It's basically a paid torrent but with a torrent I can play any time without a rental period running out.

If you're such a cheap ass that doesn't buy games might as well go the full distance and pirate at this point. If sony adopted hobopass and steam day 1 I'd pirate all their devalued worthless shit as well..

What's the point of paying for any of this.

Explain to me how Gamepass devalues games when games aren’t worth anything to begin with. 

You could buy for $70 day one and get $30 back a week later by trading it in, lmfao. A year later? You’d be lucky to get $10.  GameStop gives $12 for Gran Turismo 7 currently. 

Outside of niche games that you don’t even play and keep sealed, no games are worth money. And that’s the whole point of Gamepass. But sure, keep thinking depreciating assets where you get roughly 10% back for trading it in is “valuable”. It’s also the same thing as Gamepass if you trade it in, you’re “renting”… except you’re paying more to do it. :lemming:

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The whole point according to lemmings gamepass is cheap and they don't care about owning games. A torrent on PC is free and you actually own the game.

I actually own Halo Infinite and Gears 5 without the need for a sub to have access to them.

You didn’t answer a single point made. What makes PS games valuable? 

the answer is nothing, because they’re not. 

I'm not against pirating, but I buy most of my games on sale. I think Gabe Newell was perceptive when he said piracy is a service issue not a price issue. Gamepass (at least on PC) is a lousy service and expensive. Steam is a great fucking service and generally very affordable.

15 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm not against pirating, but I buy most of my games on sale. I think Gabe Newell was perceptive when he said piracy is a service issue not a price issue. Gamepass (at least on PC) is a lousy service and expensive. Steam is a great fucking service and generally very affordable.

If I can't touch it and own it. I'm pirating it.

1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Why do you care about owning it when it’s not something valuable or worth owning?

Half the games I own either keep their price or even increase in price, most importantly I can own a game thats not going to get delisted or have half the soundtrack cut like the GTA Trilogy.

I don't even sell games since I like to collect everything even non rare games.

Edited by Team 2019
8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Half the games I own either keep their price or even increase in price, most importantly I can own a game thats not going to get delisted or have half the soundtrack cut like the GTA Trilogy.

I don't even sell games since I like to collect everything even non rare games.

99% of games on PS do not keep value or increase in value. Lmfao. The ones that do, 99% of people have never even heard of. 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line

i like to buy games to support my favorite devs. if every title was pirated by everyone, the gaming market would basically die or focus on micro-transactions. i don't mind using gamepass when a title i want drops because i know ms has other forms of compensation. but i usually buy my highly anticipated titles at launch, and i wait for price drops for games i'm at least somewhat interested in.

• Upvote 3

honestly I stopped pirating in 2012 when my fav site went down, don't wanna do torrents either anymore. 

short answer is: good conscience and being on the safe side - but most importantly you get what you want, all updates and shit, no wonky shit. 

I buy most games on steam for cheap anyway, it's basically pirating lmfao :D as for hobopass, it's just self sustainable if you want it to be, guess I'm a lemmon-slaver but I just do the stupid reward points to keep up gaypass for free. :shrug:  takes me like 2min daily to do and usually skip some too.

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

I agree on steam, but hobopass, as much as everyone wants to hate lemshites and MS, it has virtually nothing to do with it. The service provided is good, got some games I wanted to play first day like Scorn and Plague Tale, I get it not everyones cup but everything works and even for $10 a month it might be worth it. And like I mentioned you can get it for free too. :shrug: 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I think Gabe Newell was perceptive when he said piracy is a service issue not a price issue.

The absolute, most ridiculous bullshit I've ever heard.

And its no surprise that PC gamers have relied on that simple remark, that he probably said like 15 fucking years ago.......as their core gospel to rationalize their cheap-ass, underpaying (and outright stealing) behavior.

There is no more "service issue."

You can buy and download any game, anywhere, easily.

That's an excuse from the year 2007.

You guys simply don't like paying full price for games. Occam's razor.

Edited by jehurey
33 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And its no surprise that PC gamers have relied on that simple remark, that he probably said like 15 fucking years ago.......as their core gospel to rationalize their cheap-ass, underpaying (and outright stealing) behavior.

You pirated half of your Oculus games, if not more :bena:

I like supporting games I enjoy. When I was a kid I used to pirate games because I was poor. Now that I'm an adult and can actually afford games I prefer supporting the games I love so that I can get sequels and ensure the studios stay running.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Sheep: buying games on sale is actually stealing :|

45 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I like supporting games I enjoy. When I was a kid I used to pirate games because I was poor. Now that I'm an adult and can actually afford games I prefer supporting the games I love so that I can get sequels and ensure the studios stay running.

exactly!

5 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

You pirated half of your Oculus games, if not more :bena:

Because I don't think any of those games are remotely worth their value.

You are pointing out the fact that I don't BULLSHIT people on Oculus VR gaming and PCVR

PCVR gaming sucks

They've BEEN SUCKING

The marketplace is dead

No one is pushing anything in that area of gaming.

I love how you thought you were going to achieve something by point that out. All you did was show the difference between somebody who isn't blowing smoke up their own ass.........and hermits on this forum who do exactly that.

Edited by jehurey
4 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Sheep: buying games on sale is actually stealing :|

we don't pay pennies on the dollar, like you pathetic hermits do.

Gabe Newell even knows that he run a shitty business, on people who buy garbage.

He LITERALLY sells unfinished games........and packages it as "new and exciting".

"Early Access" Jesus Christ.

And you guys actually boast about it.

And developers have now implemented their business plan around designing an "early access" game, because they know you guys will excuse subpar shit.