Remedy tells shitty stories Alan Pancake and Control have shit stories

Control sucked. Cool tech but the gameplay was so dry. Don't understand the praise for the game. One thing that really bothered me about Control though was the facial animations, it was so over animated that it looked like shit. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Control sucked. Cool tech but the gameplay was so dry. Don't understand the praise for the game. One thing that really bothered me about Control though was the facial animations, it was so over animated that it looked like shit. 

spot on.

20 minutes ago, Sabo said:

it was always just lemmings praising it. can't trust them, they have nothing good to compare it to.

42 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Metroidvanias my ass terrible level design, a map that doesn't work.

• Confused 1

alan wake is just a mess story wise with no ending, garbo gimmicky gameplay with the light. And I have not seen anyone that praises control lmfao

remedy sucks

I tried to play Alan Wake a bunch of times and always quit soon after the tornado scene. It sucks so much and the bad guys are too stupid.

Control is much improved, I disagree that it's a bad game/story. I really like the trippy X-Files vibes im that game.

50 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I tried to play Alan Wake a bunch of times and always quit soon after the tornado scene. It sucks so much and the bad guys are too stupid.

Control is much improved, I disagree that it's a bad game/story. I really like the trippy X-Files vibes im that game.

I liked a few things about control, the environments for most part, the floating bodies and their chanting/prayer, the fact that it was some alien entity, the videos with that crazy professor (which is actually the alan wake dude) and these kids show always with a dark twist. 

The games overall story is absolute garbo though and the gameplay is dead boring because it is so repetitive, enemy design as well. The thing I really liked was the lore about the objects of power and altered world events - it reminded me of that old crpg Planescape: Torment, which had a similiar thing going on.

My fav part in the entire game was actually a side quest: 

Spoiler

some woman recording, you can hear her talk to a furnace, and she basically talks to it, you can't hear it talking back of course, but she agrees to lure co-workers there and feed the furnace :D  loved it.

The game overall is just SHIT tho

Edited by kaz