Guerrilla confirms Horizon Forbidden West sequel is already in evelopment

https://www.eurogamer.net/guerrilla-casually-confirms-horizon-forbidden-west-sequel

Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West's developer has casually confirmed something we all expected. Yes, that's right, we will be getting another outing with Aloy and co in the future.

In a recent management update, Guerrilla announced that its studio director and executive producer Angie Smets was set to start a new role at PlayStation Studios, as head of development strategy.

Along with the customary words of appreciation for Smets' work at the company, Guerrilla also laid out the groundwork for its new look management team.

Guerrilla will now have Joel Eschler, Hella Schmidt and Jan-Bart van Beek heading things up at the studio, and this is where things get interesting. Here is what Guerrilla had to say on their new roles within the company:

"We have full confidence in our new leadership as they steer Guerrilla towards a bright future, expanding the world of Horizon with Aloy's next adventure and our exciting online project."

So, there you have it. The Horizon trilogy has been confirmed.

Awesome news.

HFW is an awesome game and my time in Burning Shores DLC has shown that they are capable of even more amazing battles and gameplay in a sequel. I can't wait for the sequel to melt my eyeballs again just like Burning Shores is doing now :aitch:

Edited by FIREPOWER
36 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

How ironic this is coming from a retarded lemshit who hypes a new Flopza game every year and also one that claims to be a Sheep :kaz:

Ghostz is a retard. This is why he needs coupons in order to lease his games. 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1

I'd like to see Horizon go even more in the direction of Monster Hunter with coop, more interesting loot/crafting, etc. I hear Aloy gets a little better in Burning Shores, but her personality is a drag on Forbidden West. I wouldn't be mad if it was more of a character creation thing, or if they added a few more playable characters.  They could have an ensemble cast in single player like Ragnarok, and then have those characters as multiplayer options.

Another thing is just more spontaneous cool/mysterious shit in the world as in Elder Scrolls or Witcher. I was playing Forbidden West last night and ran into 3 people wondering down the road. They had nothing to say, not even trading.

7 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'd like to see Horizon go even more in the direction of Monster Hunter with coop, more interesting loot/crafting, etc. I hear Aloy gets a little better in Burning Shores, but her personality is a drag on Forbidden West. I wouldn't be mad if it was more of a character creation thing, or if they added a few more playable characters.  They could have an ensemble cast in single player like Ragnarok, and then have those characters as multiplayer options.

Another thing is just more spontaneous cool/mysterious shit in the world as in Elder Scrolls or Witcher. I was playing Forbidden West last night and ran into 3 people wondering down the road. They had nothing to say, not even trading.

We are getting a seperate online Horizon game for the online/monster hunter angle. It's been in development since 2018. We might see it in June.

• aitch 1
34 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

We are getting a seperate online Horizon game for the online/monster hunter angle. It's been in development since 2018. We might see it in June.

Would love to see it. Guerrilla used to be a great multiplayer dev.

I'd rather see them try to make a new Killzone exclusively for PS5 that pushes the hardware. Sony hasn't had a showcase FPS in forever, it's worth a try instead of yet another Horizon. Give it a rest.

Isn't there a multiplayer spin off in development as well? Geez, the IP isn't that good. 

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Clear it was getting a sequel after how the last one ended and Sony usually do work in trilogies so no big surprise. 

I'd be very keen for Guerilla to revisit Killzone after though. 

Sony bought like 6 shooter studios in a year maybe they'll get one on Killzone. But seems all are new IPs.