Star Wars Jedi Survivor Performance Review - PS5 vs PC vs Xbox Series X|S (NXGamer)

PS5 has almost a 20 performance lead. :D

PS5 vs. Series X

• Same resolution and settings on PS5 and Series X.
  • 30 FPS mode is locked on both PS5 and Series X. Recommended mode by NX Gamer.
  • Quality mode targets 4K output (2560x1440) TAA FSR 2 PC settings.
  • Performance mode on PS5 and Series X targets 2048 x 1152 and 60 FPS. This resolution setting is closer to 1440p FSR 2 Balanced on PC with DRS.
  • Performance mode, much like PC, is 60 bound and stays around 50 FPS in the open-world sections. That is the case for both PS5 and Series X.
  • Ray-tracing is enabled on both PS5 and Series X.
  • Series X performs 18% worse than PlayStation 5.
  • VRR still leads to screen tearing.
  • Image quality is sharp and relatively clean, but thin elements can cause shimmering.
  • Performance mode also has lower level of foliage, LOD, tessellation, geometry, and triangle count.
  • Characters models are particularly great -- "Naughty Dog Level great."
  • Consoles have the same FOV settings as the PC version.

Series S

• Series S targets a 1600 x 900 TAA resolution
  • Series S, targeting 900p 30 FPS (only mode), performs well with only occasional screen tearing.
  • Occasional drops to 25-27 FPS during some segments and cutscenes, which are likely due to GPU.
  • Series S also has reduced light sources, shadows, and ambient occlusion. Some of the lightings may be bugs.
  • Series S does not offer ray-tracing.
  • dead 2

Not sure how they think quality mode is the recommended one….even when it dips to 50 FPS performance mode feels quite a bit better to play.

What I have started noticing a lot lately is a ton of screen tearing….it is really distracting at times and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen it this bad in a console game.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not sure how they think quality mode is the recommended one….even when it dips to 50 FPS performance mode feels quite a bit better to play.

What I have started noticing a lot lately is a ton of screen tearing….it is really distracting at times and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen it this bad in a console game.

Screen tearing is a PS360 era issue. This game is a joke.

6 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Screen tearing is a PS360 era issue. This game is a joke.

Yup, from the Wiiu on screen tearing hasn't been an issue.... 

Hope there's a Vsync patch to address this for this game. 

:feelsbadman: All the poor lemshits, namely Cuckstz and Lemij, that bought into Microsoft’s lies that “the tools” would stop the Series L from being a potato scam. Their lives must be totally devastated right now. Basically every multiplat runs worse on the machine that was supposed to “eat monsters for breakfast”.

C5BDB5DF-E6A1-414E-9CC8-D265DA8CE22C.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1
  • dead 1
1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:
  • Series S targets a 1600 x 900 TAA resolution
  • Series S, targeting 900p 30 FPS (only mode),

Remember Liecrosoft said this would be a 1440/60 console :drake:

• Geese 1
  • dead 1

SO its confirmed to run worse on Series X.

AND it still has screen tearing on Series X, even when VRR is turned on?  :hest:The entire point of having VRR was so that such a thing couldn't happen. What a terrible console.

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

SO its confirmed to run worse on Series X.

AND it still has screen tearing on Series X, even when VRR is turned on?  :hest:The entire point of having VRR was so that such a thing couldn't happen. What a terrible console.

Im using VRR on PS5 and getting loads of screen tearing as well. Thats not exclusive to Xbox.

Interestingly enough, Ray Tracing is enabled in both Quality and Performance modes. I thought I noticed that the reflections were quite good, especially light sources on water surfaces. 

If they just disabled Ray Tracing in performance mode that alone would improve the framerate by quite a bit.